Morning Meditation

This morning, as the sun casts its glow through the fog across our fields, I feel an ever-increasing swell of anticipation in my soul.  


There's a change in the air. 


 It's subtle, but, something deep within me feels the gentle stirring of Mother Earth as she awakens from her long winter slumber.  


As I walk her soggy lands, I feel the faint coursing of energy beneath my feet, slowly intensifying with each passing day.


There's a crescendo of birdsong floats through the misty morning air in these early stanzas of Spring's symphony... bluebirds, sparrows, cardinals, and so many more - seeking to attract mates with their alluring refrain.  Amazingly, I have not yet seen a robin.  What might they know that the daffodils don't?

After spending a rainy Saturday in the house, we were ready to get outside again when the sun arrived on Sunday.  The littles had spent Saturday with us... celebrating Jack's birthday.  Although it would have been nice to play outside, we had lots of fun, regardless!

Sunday I took some time to clean pastures and pick up some of the winter debris.  Of course, seeing the dogs and I, Ginger came out to join us.  She always inspects the gator because you never know when there might be snacks hidden there. (I've learned to think like a pig!)


Eventually, she flopped down on her side requesting a belly rub, and I took the opportunity to trim her hooves.


Is there any surprise that Forrest tried to help?


He had a blast zooming back and forth through the rivulets


that run through the lower section of the front pasture.  Back and forth... there's nothing more fun than puddle zoomies!!


"What?  Who're you looking at?"


Everywhere we turn, there's someone who wants a little attention... which is exactly why every task takes twice as long as one would think!


I took a walk through the garden and found that all of my garlic is up.  (With a harvest this large, I anticipate no trouble from vampires in my future.)


 Now, if only garlic could help to ward off muddy pups!


I also see lots of chamomile tea in our future!


I can scarcely believe that we are on the cusp of gardening season!  To say I am excited is an understatement!

Comments

Jody in GA said…
Spring is really springing in Georgia. I have had dozens of daffodils of all varieties standing tall in my garden for a couple weeks
now. Woke up this morning to a teperature of 53. It looks like "mud season" is Forrest's favorite!
This N That said…
Love your early morning foggy pictures.
We must have all the Robin's down here. They've been here for over a month. I will send some your way.
The sprouting has started...Yippee!!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
THANK YOU DEAR LADY FOR THE GREAT PICS AND COMMENTARY...WE ARE HAVING A WARM DAY TODAY...HIGH 60'S..I HAVE SERVICED THRE LAWN MOWERS AND NOW MUCH SHARPEN BLADES...IT IS STILL VERY WET HERE AND I HAVE A FEELING THE GRASS IS GONNA TAKE OFF SOON..THANK YOU DOR ALL YO DO TO MAKE OUR DAY WONDERFUL.
KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A SUPEEEEEEEER FINE DAY !!!!!!! SMILING !!!!!!!!!!
How exciting to think that gardening time is just about here and you've got things coming up and looking good already there! Wow. Can't wait to share in the fun of gardening time with you!
A great start to the gardening season. We have seen a few robins here. Daffodils are up but not bloomed. Lots of tulips making their way up through the soil.
Believe or not someone was mowing their lawn yesterday afternoon though I have no idea why. We are to have snow again by the end of the month.