Optimism

Each day begins, 

unfolding like a mystery.

Our job is to be present,

to watch and observe,

and join in wherever we can ... making it the best we can.

Yesterday was a day filled with hope.  No matter your race, your creed, your religion, your politics- yesterday marked a new beginning.  

 

May we all join together in praying for a better world.  May we be like these precious animals... celebrating our "sameness" in spite of our differences and living together in harmony.

May we all work together to spread love in this world, where it is so badly needed.  

I am praying that vaccines get distributed with expedience, so that we can all get back to hugging those we love!

*******************

After looking through photos of last summer's color, I was in the mood for a taste of summer... a remembrance of what was and what is to come.

 I had frozen lots of raspberries - both wild and garden berries - so I took two bags of berries from the freezer and cooked them with a little sugar...

fresh raspberry jam! 

 With seeds, because I have a hubby who loves texture!  I need to make some multi-grain bread for this jam.  (Rosemary bread and raspberry jam just doesn't sound great to me!)

Comments

colleen said…
Amen, Bev. xoxoxox
Anonymous said…
YES! I have a more positive attitude in me and I enjoy it.
Mick
Anonymous said…
Wonderful day!
daisy g said…
What a glorious day it was! I am hopeful as we move forward through each of these crises. Transparency will be so refreshing.

Go Forth. Do Good.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i woke up this morning and was happier than i have been in a long time.
Marcia LaRue said…
I think the ENTIRE world slept a little easier last night! Every day is a new beginning ... every day we simply have to make the best of what each day offers up for us to grab ahold of or reject!
Fire up the pizza oven, Bev ... time to bake some more bread!! LOL
Smile behind those masks ... your eyes reflect the smiles! The hugs will come ... eventually!!
This N That said…
The Calm was palpable...and most welcome...Fresh bread and raspberry jam. Yummy!
Yesterday DESERVED fresh raspberry jam!
Sue S. said…
I found myself smiling all day! Your post and pictures felt like my day.
littlemancat said…
Yesterday was wonderful - I definitely felt the difference. How wonderful to have art,literature,a loving family, and pets returning to the White House!
All that, and it was my grand-baby's first birthday!
Mary
Unknown said…
Yes, on the other side off the world, we slept a little easier last night
Karen said…
I spent most of the day crying off and on:) That 22 year old Amanda Gorman - oh my! I'm 67 and can't speak that clearly (ask my husband:) - I just enjoyed all of it - and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when President Joe Biden was sworn in. *And doesn't VP Harris have such a rich laugh? Seeing three former Presidents 'hanging out' - adored it! That's the way it is SUPPOSE to be. Sorry to have gone on so . . . . you are SO right - spread the love - not a bad start xoxoxo