Weekend Adventures

Life slows down a bit on rainy days.
Yesterday, it drizzled on and off all day long.

The goats and the pigs spent the day inside their houses.
Of course, the prospect of cracker treats always brings the pigs running.


They get their reward...


Meanwhile, the sheep are hunkered down in the woods next to their houses.


If it were raining hard, they would stay inside.


We don't want to shrink our sweaters, now do we?

The horses take the rain in stride... as long as their meals are on time,


they have nothing about which to complain.


As the rain falls, some huddle...


some cuddle...


and some just enjoy a big puddle...


Each and every day has something wonderful about it...
sometimes you just have to search a little.


We had the Littles for the weekend.
Of course we spent the required amount of time out adventuring on the "GoGo".


We hiked in the woods in search of magical mushrooms...


for where you find them...


you also find the fairies!

We had some outside and some inside play.


One of Mack's favorite activities is baking.
"Cookies or cupcakes this time?" I asked.
"Cupcakes!  Princess Jasmine cupcakes!" (from Disney's Aladdin) was the answer.
Knowing I couldn't pull off the required artwork, I suggested we make them the color of 
Jasmine's clothes.


Score 1 for Grammie!!
Sprinkles turn any cupcake into a party.


Weekends with the Littles are so much fun...
and so exhausting!

After babysitting was finished, I had a little time for sewing.
I've updated my Etsy shop with new pieces as well as some hand knit items.
In the near future I plan on adding some handmade and embroidered clothing pieces.
It's fun having a little side-business...
(It will help pay for my addictions!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like a wonderful weekend!
clar said…
Amazing shots. Thanks for sharing this kind of article. Try to check this too
DogsNStuff.net
daisy g said…
Don't you just love a rainy weekend! Perfection for so many activities.

Just picked up one of the treasures in your Etsy shop for my soul sister. I'm determined to give handmade gifts this year.

Enjoy your day!
This N That said…
That last picture of Easton is adorable ...he looks like an Imp!!
Anonymous said…
I read your blog every day! Love the stories and your view on life.

I love buying a handcrafted item...do you plan on making smaller versions of the purses on etsy? I don't like to carry around larger bags but the colors and styles of the bags you make are perfect!

Anna