Down But Not Out

I've always prided myself in my immune system,
and considered it to be one of my best traits.


Perhaps I need to re-think that.
It seems that the flu (influenza) is circulating through our family.
My son → me and Mackenzie.
Fever, chills, headache, body aches, cough.
Of the three of us, though, I have the least severe.
Perhaps due to my impeccable immune system (cough)...
but definitely being helped by taking Tamaflu.


Thanks to Hubbs for assuming all farm duties and allowing me to rest
(relatively speaking... I have a real hard time just laying around.)
Today I have to venture out to the grocery store and get the necessary food items
for Saturday's Family Christmas Dinner.
I imagine that is about all I will accomplish.


Rather than sitting in front of the TV, or lying around...
yesterday I rationalized that if I could sit, I could sew.
So, I made this tunic.


And then I went to bed.
Done.


I hope to be back to normal very soon so that I can share the escapades
of our farm friends with you on a daily basis.
For now, I will just tell you that the most challenging task of Hubbs' days
have been to find these five wacky waddlers before the sun goes down each 
afternoon and to guide them back to their house by dark.
He's the best!!
 The runner ducks?  Quackers!

Comments

colleen said…
Sick and sew...how do you do that? The tunic is absolutely gorgeous! Those runners make me chuckle every time I see them...you have to admit they make life interesting :) I hope you are feeling like your ole self soon. xoxoxo
Louise Stopford said…
Hope you're feeling better soon Bev. There's a lot of this flu around all over at the moment. My son has had it and my husband has started with it. I guess that just leaves me and I'll probably get it just in time for Christmas!!! I'm keeping everything crossed that I don't though. Good job you have got an amazing husband to look after the animals. I think I would put those ducks under house arrest and locked up until you are better. Take care.
janie said…
Hope you recover very soon. Love the tunic!!!


Take care, Janie
The JR said…
I love the tunic. I was on a kick yesterday looking at different sleeve patterns. I want to add some bell sleeve or flare sleeve to a dress. Your's look cool. Did you design your own pattern or is it a purchased one?

I love the edge binding around the arm holes too. I bet you made that.

you are a good seamstress. love your work.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i, too, am always amazed when i get sick. i also have trouble laying around. i'm glad it's not too bad for you. the tunic is awesome!
Bee Haven Bev said…
I did make the bias tape for around the arm holes. The pattern originally had a cap Sleeve. I modified it so that I could wear a shirt under it instead. Do a Google search for the Washi dress. It also has a keyhole neckline, but I modified it to be just rounded.
daisy g said…
Oh no! I have learned that when I'm sick, I rest/sleep as much as possible. I'm not one to sit around either, but it seems to be the thing that helps me bounce back the quickest.
Healing prayers to you and yours.
This N That said…
Love your tunic. Creative even when sick! The energizer bunny. Hope you’re feeling better. Xxoo
You're more productive when sick than many people are when in the best of health!
littlemancat said…
I agree with Debra - you are amazing, Bev! The tunic is lovely! Try to get some rest, though. A good book? Here's one you could check out - Sy Montgomery's "How to Be a Good Creature- A Memoir in Thirteen Animals." Sy Montgomery is a wonderful writer, has traveled all over, and tells the tales of animals at home and about. I think that you would enjoy it. She has many books out.
Mary
Feel better!~~~ Not the most convenient time to be sick!
Country Gal said…
Oh my hope you all are feeling better by Christmas and hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year .
Anonymous said…
i hope you feel better soon!!!!