Shameless

Good morning and welcome to our autumn woods - they are positively on fire!


We are ending what was a pretty chilly week here on the farm with morning frosts... and heading into a much warmer week.  I've got to say - we all enjoyed the cooler weather!


Have you ever noticed how hobbies have the tendency to snowball?  Maybe I am the only one... but when I jump into something new I tend to jump in with both feet.  


A couple of years ago, I wanted to learn to make soap from scratch.  And so, I set out to learn as much as I could from books and videos until I finally felt ready to give it a try.  For me it's a delightful combination of scientific, culinary, and practical magic!  I love to learn new skills - especially learning the "old ways".  Soap-making seemed like one of those skills that could come in handy in the right circumstances.  

 For the past two years, I have not bought a single bar of soap.  Needless to say, I love the process.


So.... this year when it was soap-making time, I made a lot of soap.  There were just so many things that I wanted to try.   They are made with varying combinations of liquid oils, solid oils and butters.  They are all cold-process vegetable oil/lye soap.  Lye is used for the process of saponification - ie: turning fat into soap.  That's where the science magic comes in.

All of that to say... I have some soap that I would be willing to sell if you are interested.  I charge $5 a bar (which is low to midline for homemade soaps).   Unfortunately, shipping, these days is not cheap.  The best deal I have found for shipping is a small flat rate PriorityMail box that will fit 3 soaps and ships for @ $10.  I am not putting them up for sale on my Etsy shop because of the fees taken by Etsy and PayPal.  I am keeping the price lower that way.  If you are local, I can deliver.  And if no one is interested... no worries - we have enough soap to keep us clean for the rest of our lives!! (possibly exaggerating, and they make good gifts)

Please excuse my one day of shameless self-promotion....

I have a few bars of the following soaps available if you are interested.  If you are... please just email me (beehavenmaven at gmail dot com) (I am not including an email link so that I don't get AI-generated spam).

I have a few bars of each of the following... (first come, first served)

Orange Calendula Soap

Made with farm-grown, organic calendula blossoms infused into sweet almond oil, or extra virgin organic olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, castor oil, shea butter.  It is scented with sweet orange essential oil. Hand-stamped with a honey bee.


Sea Salt Soap
Made with coconut oil, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter.  It also contains sea clay for detoxification of the pores and sea salt for exfoliation.  Scented with eucalyptus, lavender and lemongrass.


First Frost
Crafted with coconut oil, avocado oil, shea butter, and castor oil.   Its scent is that of the first frost of the season, with notes of fir, frosted sweetgrass, and a touch of clove.


Rosemary Lavender Soap
Crafted with coconut oil, avocado oil, shea butter, and castor oil.  It also contains organic lavender and rosemary (crushed).  Scented with lavender and rosemary essential oils.


Lemongrass Sea Salt Soap
Made with coconut oil, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter.  It also contains sea salt for exfoliation and to help retain its moisturizing benefit.  Scented with  lemongrass, eucalyptus, and  mint.



Autumn Spice Oatmeal Soap

Crafted with coconut oil, avocado oil, shea butter, and castor oil, organic oatmeal, cloves, and a touch of cinnamon.  It is scented with sweet orange, clove and cinnamon essential oils to give it that warm, autumn fragrance.  It smells good enough to eat - but please don't.


Lemongrass Gardener's Hand Soap
Crafted with organic alfalfa infused extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, shea butter and mango butter.  Poppy seeds provide a gentle exfoliant.  Great hand soap for gardeners, chefs - lemongrass essential oil helps to counteract food odors.

Lemongrass Gardener's Hand Soap with all natural nail brush
Same soap as above but with additional nail brush  ($7 for both soap and brush)


This is the only time I will offer the above soaps - it will not be a regular part of my blog.  Thanks for indulging me this one time.  (Maybe again one day in the future if there is interest.)  Warning: if these sell, I will definitely make more as you will have encouraged my current soap-making addiction.

Comments