Denver Fun

Hello Farm Friend!!  Are you missing the farm?  Well, I've got to say... I am really missing it!  We've had such a wonderful time on our western road trip.  The sights were unlike any other in my life.  Aside from the (speeding ticket) mishap in Utah... the entire trip was perfect!

We are now in Boulder staying with our Colorado kids for a couple days before flying home on Wednesday.  Most of our day will be spent flying - returning home late in the afternoon.  One thing that vacation always does for me is to supercharge my enthusiasm for my own life.  Though fun, it serves as a reminder of what is most important to me - my simple, daily life routine, my family and friends, and the fun projects that fill my spare time.  Awaiting me is gardening season and several days of transforming my Maven Haven into a new fanciful cottage - new gingerbread decoration for the exterior as well as a painting facelift.

Yesterday, (an exceptionally windy day - too windy for hiking) we spent the day in Denver.  Hubbs had bought a city pass that allowed us access to several museums, etc.  My favorite museum display was entitled "Biophilia" at the Museum of Art.  Nature inspired displays...



Naturally, the mushroom-themed pieces resonated with me!




If you ever make it to Denver and visit the art museum... the restaurant is wonderful.   We had the best lunch there!

Our next stop was the Museum of Illusion... a fun, little stop and great for silly photos....

Don't worry... they are all illusions and there was no danger involved!!

Today, we are going for a long hike and I hope to forage a few little wildflower to tuck inside a book to press.  Yes, it's the simple things that delight!!!

You probably will not hear from us again until Friday, as Wednesday will be spent flying and driving.  Thursday we'll get caught up around home - tons of laundry!!  And back to farm chores.

Until then... be well.

I cannot wait to get back to my farm critters!!

Comments

Marcia LaRue said…
Enjoy your wind-down time with the CO kids! The wind is blowing again all day long down here in Canon City ... I hope Boulder will be calmer!
I hope you have a safe flight and travel time getting back to the farm!
This N That said…
Fun illusions! Say hi to the kids.... Have a safe trip home. We have had a fair amount of rain which is to continue on and off for the next week. You will have to plants between the raindrops. Hugs
Eileen in Fla. said…
Love the photos - Hope you enlarge and frame some of the fun ones. Safe travels -- I know the farm friends can't wait to say welcome home.
So fun seeing and hearing all about your trip. What fun! Can't wait til you're back home again too. Hope everybody is doing well back there!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
have a good trip back bev. i love your head on a platter.