Believe It Or Not

 They say "seeing is believing", but I've been a believer for many years!  I've tried to instill this belief in my grandchildren, as well.

I've seen evidence - tables set for tiny feasts, and doors leading to magical realms.  However, yesterday I saw the real thing.   Are you intrigued?  Wondering what I saw?  Well, let me set the scene.

It was late afternoon, and I was out walking the dogs in the forest beneath a clear, blue, sky.  The sun, on its decent towards the horizon was casting long shadows. 

 Sunbeams filtered through the forest between the barren tree trunks.  As the dogs ran ahead, following their nose, I was walking, casually... just enjoying the scenery, my mind quiet and open.  I was hoping to find some snow-drops growing in the woods, but what I found was even better!

There, illuminated by a ray of light, I saw 6 tiny, winged, creatures flitting and floating, up and down on a sunbeam!  I stood perfectly still just watching their ethereal ballet... 6 tiny fairies, pirouetting in front of my eyes.  I tried to capture them in a photo... but they were tiny and I was many feet away.

Still, I was able to capture them - or at least the sunlight that reflected off of them.  Let me just say... these are not leaves - they were much smaller.  I enlarged the photo... unfortunately, you lose some of the clarity, but, still....

You can plainly see they have legs and wings and hands in the air above their heads!

Magical!!

What do you think?  Are you convinced as I am?  

As Hubbs always say.... "You have to believe it to see it!"

 We had farm visitors yesterday...my dear friend, Shayne and her husband, Jim.  I shared sourdough starter and the basics of sourdough baking.  Then we baked some loaves (while the men chatted elsewhere) that had been rising overnight...

and enjoyed fresh bread with our lunch, together... all four of us.


It was a wonderful day spent on the farm with old friends.  Thank you, Shayne, for helping me towards my goal of spreading sourdough love to everyone!

Comments

Wahoorfg Grosko said…
What an amazing sighting! Let us know if you find out what they are.
My goodness! I have spent many days in the woods for many years as you have and have never seen anything like that either. One of natures amazing, beautiful mysteries only experienced by the few who would see. 🥰
Yep those are definitely fairies. They usually show up at my house a little later but with the warm weather we are having, they showed up earlier. They are very trusting of you if they let you get close to them. Your spirit is calm and welcoming and they feel that. I love fairies. Isn't it fun?
Marcia LaRue said…
I am a total believer!🧚
Your bread 🍞 and the soup 🍲 causes a "yum" response!
This N That said…
Woodland fairies..Magical!! So glad You got to see them... Great photos. Lunch looks great as well. Have a magical day. Hugs
THE BEARDED ONE said…
THOSE PHOTOS ARE SSURE AMAZING...I'D NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF SUCH A THING...AWESOME...GIRL YOU ARE SURE AN AMAZING AND SPECIAL LADY...THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!