Photographic Cooperation Needed!

You may have noticed that most of our farm friends are quite photogenic...
and even better, don't seem to mind posing for frequent portraits.


All, that is, except for the daffy Runner Ducks...
whose goal in life is to be anything less than cooperative...
in any given matter!
Most of all... photographs!!


We finally devised a way to get them to leave the safety of their stall,
at least for short periods of time.
We moved their food and water out to the front of the barn.
Now they must walk the eight feet from their stall in order to eat.


Judging from the condition of their water,
they do this quite frequently...
just not when anyone is close enough to document it.


I tried, in vain, every possible hiding place in order to photograph them out of their stall.
It was an hour long exercise in futility.
How they could have known I was there as I stealthily (and silently)
moved from location to location,
I'll never know.
I guess they can just sense my presence.


As soon as I walked over to the garden and was photographing the happenings there,


those daffy ducks emerged from their stall and began munching food.
Too far for me to focus through the garden fence,
I at least caught their ghostly figures in this blurry picture...


As soon as I made any attempt to move closer,
they turned on their tails and ran back into their stalls.
Little stinkers!


We had an entire day of showers yesterday.
Tyler's outdoor farm adventures were curtailed...
instead, he hung out in the barn...


visiting the barn kitties while we did chores.


As for the garden... I can see it growing right in front of my eyes.


We are getting cucumbers daily...


Tomatoes are on the vine, still green, but plentiful...


The cabbage is mammoth...


And hot peppers... we should have a bumper crop this year!


The grapes are plentiful as well...


So far, it's the best garden year yet.
The weather has been perfect.
I am a little behind in my weeding, however, as grandchildren have taken precedence over that task!
We took Tyler to see Despicable Me 3 yesterday...gotta love those Minions!

Comments

Colleen said…
Glad you share everything you do and today I love the bucket of flowers and the butterfly!
daisy g said…
Those daffy ducks! It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get used to having folks around.

Beautiful garden shots. Do you pickle your cukes?
Glad Tyler is able to spend so much time there. What a blessing-for all concerned.
janie said…
Your garden looks great. What do you fertilize with?

Have a great weekend, Janie
molliemax said…
Butterflies are prettier than those ducks anyway. Beautiful shot. Have a great weekend.
Clearly, Runner Ducks do not like paparazzi.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
do you think the ducks will eventually settle down? we got 2-1/2 inches of rain yesterday with more on the way this afternoon.
diane in northern wis said…
Love your blog Bev. Those runner ducks really make me laugh...and I can just picture sleuthful you trying to get a good pic of them. Wow isn't your garden going great guns this year! Do you can pickles with all your cukes? Everything really looks great. Are those huge cabbages forming heads now? Love your garden and all your animals. Thanks so much for sharing every day!!!
Lynne said…
How are those new garden beds working out that you built?
I would think they help keep the veggies contained.
Good luck on your "Duckie Photo Shoot!"