My Favorite Time of Day

Once I get beyond the hardest part (crawling out of a warm bed and heading out into the cold) I have to admit that my favorite time of day is early morning. Watching the sun rise as I tend to the animals around the farm is a perfect way to start the day. Yesterday's sunrise was particularly breathtaking....
And the trees in our woods looked as though they were on fire....
illuminated by the orange glow of the rising sun.
Just a few moments later, as the sun rose higher....here are the woods beyond my vegetable garden.....just beautiful. A few moments later, and I would have missed all of this amazing color. It is only when the sun is just above the horizon and the light hits the trees at just the right angle that the colors look so brilliant. Electrifying colors.....
To the north, the sky looked so wintry....
Some parts of every morning are the same, day in and day out....the chores never change. The animals have their daily routine. But, the sky......always different.....ever changing.....each day a blank canvas, transformed by the sun's brilliant palette. In this respect, no two mornings are ever the same.

Comments

oh you captured the spirit of the morning so well. You are so right...no two mornings alike. I'm waiting for my chickens to wake up this morning. It's still pitch black here.
Anke said…
I totally understand what you mean. Many mornings I just like to stand outside for a while looking at the beautiful sky. It's like no other show on earth and it humbles me every time.