Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Asparagus Time

Asparagus time is one of my favorite seasons in the garden. Each Spring it is the first crop to be harvested and a sure sign that winter is over. I find great comfort in seeing these purplish/green shoots emerging from the earth. It is reassurance that warmer weather is close at hand. This year, however, the asparagus is a bit early. These past few days of unseasonably warm temperatures have coaxed these tender shoots a couple of weeks early. I won't complain, however, as they taste heavenly. Their early emergence has given me inspiration to get busy planting, planting, planting!

4 comments:

  1. I'll say..they are early..look yummy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just started walking the ditches harvesting asparagus. It's so tasty drizzled with olive oil and grilled. I can't wait to plant some in our garden :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum!!!! what time is dinner? lol!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, yum, yum. love asparagus.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your questions and comments. Questions very often become the subject of a later blog post....so keep those questions coming!! I read each and every comment...they are often the highlight of my day! Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails