No Rhyme or Reason

 There are times, when life is quiet around here, that I don't have a story to tell.  That's not to say that I don't have things to share - just not a cohesive story.  And so, today... just a hodgepodge of tiny moments - unrelated, but certainly not unworthy.  Besides, I talk enough on this blog for several people.  Today... just a little word about each unrelated photo.


Precious Pete - heaviest cat on the farm!


18 loofas in various stages...


This one is approaching the stage when I will pick and peel it... just a little bit longer...


The morning duck count - up to 38 mamas and youngsters.  No males have arrived as of yet.


Hanging on by his toenails - literally!


The vines that have covered the arbor in front of Maven Haven... I love this look - but it's quite fleeting.  A single frost will wipe out all of the leaves at some point.


Autumn planting of sugar peas, now starting to climb their trellis...


This light pink rosebush always blooms a single red rose... just one... and not at the same spot.  The rest of the bush is entirely pink.  Very curious!


We've had a big problem with wasps this summer.  Hubbs has done a great job in keeping them off of all of our structures - especially those that the kids play on.  We found this one on the playhouse, on one of those 44 degree mornings the other week.  Needless to say, none of them survived the wasp spray ( a task normally done at night - however the cold had these guys barely able to move).


A brass garden bell that I bought at the Penn State Arts Festival this summer.  I love the soft "ding" that it produces when a light breeze blows.


One of my hydrangea favorites...


Monarch season has arrived...



Here's hoping your day is a lovely one!!

Comments

I love random! Pete has come a long way from the little guy he was when he came to you. Beautiful flowers and curious that one red rose shows up. Interesting how things like that happen. Have you spent any time in Maven Haven this summer? All your gardens have been flourishing it seems. Did you ever replant any morning glories after the arbor mishap awhile back? Have a lovely day! Should cool down after the next couple of days. Hurray!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Sadly, maven Haven is a little too warm in the summertime. Very soon, however I will be starting to spend some mornings in there. As for the morning glories… The ones that were on the arch were just volunteers. And every year, those volunteers are back. I have learned to thin them out considerably
RHill3 said…
Yikes, wasps have been terrible here as well. I narrowly avoided getting stung by guinea wasps on a large nest while cutting back a shrub. Guinea wasp stings hurt bad! Thankful fall and cooler temperatures are almost here. RHill, TX
Lynne said…
Liking your collection of pictures with heaviest cat first!
Loved each one . . . wasp nest. .. not so much!
SuziQ said…
Such beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing, random or not!
This N That said…
That's life...A Hodgepodge!!
Sweet Pete has to be part of it...
Very good at hanging by their toenails.. That is a very familiar position. They have great abs!!
On the far side of my cottage there is an azalea bush...It's white with the exception of one branch that is pink..every year, it's the same..Only pink flowers on that branch which is growing out of a white branch.
Wow... I don't think I've ever seen that many wasps on a nest.
Love the monarchs. I have not seen any yet this year.
I hope you're having a beautiful day. Nice pictures!

EDGAR C. BEARD said…
AS USUAL..VERY ENLIGHTING..I SURE LOVE THEM !!!! KEEP SMILING !!!
Thank you for all the great pictures. I loved them. I so look forward to coming and visiting you on your blog each day. Always so fun to see what's going on with you and yours. Take good care Bev and family.