How Does Your Garden Grow?

What a super gardening year it has been!  All of our harvests are just a little bit early this year.  This past weekend, we harvested the garlic scapes.  I noticed that the bottom leaf is starting to turn yellow and die.  It won't be long now until I harvest the garlic bulbs and hang them in the cool, dark barn to dry.  Lookout vampires - you don't stand a chance this year!!


This is a typical morning harvest right now - minus a few spears of asparagus as well. 


 Fresh lettuce is so delicious!  I made lettuce wraps with a Teriyaki chicken (green onions and mushrooms as well) for dinner the other night... wrapped in our fresh lettuce - delicious!


The herb boxes are loaded - most of the herbs are perennial, so they come back bigger each year.


The sugar peas are blossoming, so we will be picking peas in the very near future!


Warm weather plants are all growing.  There are tiny tomatoes on the tomato vines.  I know I say this every year, and every year things get away from me.... but, this year I am going to keep the tomatoes trimmed and well-staked.  No tomato jungle this year!  (We'll see....)
🤞🏻


Not only are all of the garden boxes growing like crazy, but so is everything that is planted on the garden fence.
It should be a wonderful year for the raspberries.


Roses are climbing the fence as well...


And tiny clusters of grapes are hanging on the grapevines.  I will need to re-prune the grape vines so that the sun can reach all of these grape babies - to prevent them from rotting on the vine.


The work of gardening is never-ending.  If you sit back on your laurels for very long, the garden has a way of humbling you!  It can very easily and very quickly get out of control.  I keep telling myself - a little bit each day... slow and steady wins the race!

 

Comments

What a beautiful garden. Lots of work but always worth it in the end. I'm sure the wild critters must drool when they go by your garden. Reminds me of Peter Rabbit stories! Enjoy these continuing gorgeous spring days!
This N That said…
This is a great year for Gardens. A good mix of rain and sun. Yours looks beautiful enjoy!
Amazing how we wait and wait for spring and suddenly everything is green, producing and growing. Your garlic is ahead of our by a few weeks. My hubby did say he saw a few scapes coming sooo....that means YUMMY!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
AWESOME AS USUAL..YOU TWO ARE SURE AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK A HUGE BUNCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow....your garden is going GREAT GUNS! You have the greenest thumb, I do believe. Looks like everything is growing wonderfully there. And I love to see how you're using your delicious fruits and vegetables popping up in your garden. Just awesome.
Barbee' said…
What do you do with the garlic scapes? I can't remember, but seems you put them in vinegar?