Bits and Bobs

 As I go about each day, I typically have a portion of my brain set aside for future blog posts.  I try to snap photos of interest as I work and play.  Often times, some of the photos go unused.  Today, I am going to post a few of those moments that have been omitted over the last few posts.


Just a few random bits and bobs that you might enjoy - but no unifying story.  That is pretty much a summation of each day... a string of moments, usually without a unifying story other than...Life on the Farm.

A day... started on a sunbeam...


I tried to use the cloud as a backdrop for a photo of Pete, but got the lighting wrong...


A quick, next shot was photo-bombed by Moonie.
Never got the shot.


Our new little swing (we had to replace the old swing that rotted)... beneath the blossoming wisteria.  Though the bees buzz above our heads, they don't bother us... 

the wisteria is much more inviting!


In the corner of the arbor from which the swing hangs, is a robin nest filled with tiny hatchlings.  I guess we won't be swinging for a few weeks.


I am currently propagating a curly willow tree from a branch that broke off during a storm.  Years ago, I stuck a single narrow branch into a pot of dirt and found that it quickly sprouted.  After raising it in a container for a summer, we planted it outside the barn.  It is now almost 20 feet tall!  I hope to propagate and plant many more trees over the coming years.


Do you remember the snake that was climbing the tree as I mowed in the sheep yard?  Apparently it has moved into a space beneath one of the sheep houses, and pokes its head out at me as I pass by on the mower.  It's a black snake.  I love these snakes - they keep the mouse population at bay!


Jack and the dogs - after luring Ginger back out of the barn and into the pasture.  She is always on the lookout for a route to the feed room!


All 16 of our little fluffy-bottomed charges are thriving.  In a week's time they have doubled in size!  However, as usual, every time I enter their house, they go running into the corner.  I must be very scary!


Of all the times that Forrest has gone swimming in the pond, I don't believe he has ever been aware of the fish that live there. 


 That is until a couple days ago.


It took a little convincing to keep him from swimming with the fish.
Good boy, Forrest!!  It's almost a year since Forrest came home to live on the farm.  What a wonderful addition he has been.  He brings an extra element of fun to all of our activities.  Even Chester has a soft spot for him, now.

Comments

Barbee' said…
Well... that was fun!
This N That said…
Love your swing. Did Jack make it?
Rena said…
The "bits and bobs" were quite enjoyable. I like your snake. I wish one would take up residence in my yard. Suburbia has plenty of mice which I loathe. I'll take a black snake or two anytime.
Karen said…
Awwwww . . . .I just love Ginger - but I forget how old she is now. Looking pretty dang good!
Eileen in Fla. said…
Good for you two stewards of the earth for planting trees - truly an investment in the future.
Sometimes it is fun just to see all kinds of fun and sort of unrelated things! Thank you!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
MERE WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE GREATNESS OF THE POST AND PICKS YOU SEND TO US...HEART WARMING AS USUAL...THANK YOU SO MUCH...HAVE A SUPER FINE DAY AND KEEP SMILNG !!!!!!!!!!
colleen said…
I love your bits and bobs. It's hard to believe that it took Forrest so long to figure out the fish situation...I guess he was into swimming not fishing. Oh my...you know my take on snakes :) xoxo