Some Thoughts on a Woodsy Walk

Except for the drip, drip, drip of raindrops - as they lose their grip on the branches above my head -  my world is silent right now.  Winter has arrived.  And though the temperature may belie that, the limited  palette that meets my eyes confirms it.  Winter is here.

And so, it is time to slow down and rest.  Time to reset.  

It is time to look to the future - the new year that will soon greet us.... and time to let go of everything but the sweetness of the past. 

 I think of memories in terms of a photograph album in which I place the photos of the beauty that I want to remember... the smiling faces of all the souls that I have, and always will love.  Remembering the tears and the hard days does not serve me as I look towards the future.  The future is uncertain - so, why cover today's sunshine with clouds from the past!

I've never been one for resolutions.  Why put that kind of pressure on oneself?  Isn't it enough to just give each day the best version of yourself - learning from and forgiving mistakes made?

Instead of resolutions, I like to make a list of things that I'd like to learn or try - goals of living life fearless - without the fear of failure.  Failure is part of life.  To fear is to rob us of the joy of trying.  Failure only serves to get us one step closer to success, right?

My hope for tomorrow is that farm life continues as it has... each day filled with moments of beauty, and that my heart remains open to seeing that beauty, no matter what else may be happening in our world.  I'll be spending the coming days planning for the next year of farm life... all the while knowing that:

"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans." (John Lennon)

and

"Every day we are born again.  It's what we do today that matters most."  (Buddha)

and

"Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself."  (George Bernard Shaw)

Have a peaceful today, farm friends!

❤️

PS:  It's a whole lot of soggy around here right now requiring us all to do a lot of feather fluffing!

Comments

Wahoorfg Grosko said…
Thank you for putting things into perspective on this foggy, damp day. Looking forward to a happy, healthy New Year!
Marcia LaRue said…
Good morning, Bev! It's such a pleasure to read your blog!
colleen said…
Well said and thanks so much for sharing. I will be reading this more than once or twice. xoxoxo
This N That said…
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words as only you can do. Hugs.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
GIRL..YOUY SURE HAVE A WAY W/WORDS..YOU HAVE PUT EVERYTHING INTO PERSPECTIVE....YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE...I SURE ENJOYED THE POWERFUL WORDS/THOUGHTS ON TODAY AND TOMORROW BECAUSE WE TRULY DO NOT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN DAY BY DAY...I SURE WISH I COULD MET AND VISIT W/YOU AHD HUBBS...YOU TWO ARE AMAZING AT WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING...THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH FOR YOU TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE OUR DAY... KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY !!!!!!!!