Fridays With Forest... And More

 Good Morning Friends... Forrest here.

You know... I can hardly remember a time when I didn't live here on the farm.  And although there are still so many new things to learn, I feel like I have been here forever.  I love my family... and they love me too!

Well, sometimes Chester growls at me, but I can tell that he isn't really mad because he smiles and shows me all of his teeth.  I know he really does love me, because sometimes he lets me sleep next to him...

and even use him as a pillow!

I go for lots of rides in the gator with Chester.  Mom or Dad says "hop up!" and I jump right in.  We go to the barn to feed all of the animals and I help.

Mom and Dad wear pouches on their hips that are filled with the yummiest treats.  They call it "liverwurst".  It's just the best thing I have ever tasted.  Whenever Mom or Dad call me, I come running... cause then I get a bit of this de-lishus-ness!  I will sit, stay, lie down, crawl, give a paw, and come anytime they ask me to, because then I get some treats!  They keep their pouches in the freezer when they don't wear them.  I like how crunchy that makes the treats... cold and crunchy and deeeeelishus!  I think the best thing that I have learned is that good boys get lots of treats... so.... I must be a very good boy!

I've made a good friend.  Her name is Ginger and mom says she is a pig. 

 I think she smells wonderful... but, not as good as liverwurst!

Mom tells me I'm not allowed to nibble her!

Another thing that is fun is called "feeding the cats".  After Dad gives the barn cats their "treat" food in the mornings, he gives Chester and Annie a can to lick. 

They are so nice to me - they each give me their cans to play with when they are finished.

And sometimes we all run together in the pasture, playing tag.

One of my favorite things to do is to help Mom with the gardening. 

 Mom calls me a "digger"... and I think that means that I am really good at flower arranging.

Maybe "digger " is going to be my grown up job.

Mom, however, says "no!"

One good thing about helping with the gardening, is I get to play with the hose afterwards. 

 Mom calls it a shower.  I call it FUN!

It's so much cooler when you are wet, don't you agree?

A note from Mom:

Although I tend to show you all of the little naughty things that Forrest gets into - he truly is a wonderful puppy.  He's a quick study and understands when we say "leave it" -that that particular thing is off limits.  He has learned to "leave it" with respect to the barn cats and the  farm fowl.... so that is a big milestone.  He may seem like a bundle of energy, but in all seriousness, he spends much of his day sleeping.  He plays hard when we go out for chores and has a very busy time during the evenings.  But, he sleeps all night long and naps during the day - so we really cannot complain.  He is very focussed on us - which has made training pretty easy - that and liverwurst (which I highly recommend for training treats... in tiny bits... a little goes a long way!). I seriously cannot think of anything else that this substance might be good for - it is pungent!

Lastly, I have mentioned in the past that we live on a very rural road with hardly any traffic.  During the school year, the school bus and mail delivery are pretty much the only ones on the road during the day.  That is until now.  Lately,  the traffic has been unprecedented!!


Due to a family of young wild turkeys!


Now, this is the kind of traffic I love.  It's one of the best things about rural life!

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
braunschweiger! my pups would love it but it would give them the poops. chows have very sensitive stomachs. we humans here love it though!
daisy g said…
Oh, Forrest. You are such a delight. It is wonderful to see the farm through your eyes.
Turkey traffic tie-up? Cool!

Enjoy your weekend, y'all.
Peter said…
I used to use liverwurst to give my dogs their pills. They would have swallowed a tennis ball if covered in liverwurst.
Jeannie said…
Such fun pictures! It warms my heart to see Forrest fitting in so well on the farm. Thanks!
Rena said…
Forrest and Ginger😊 so cute together!
Jody in Georgia said…
Forrest and his antics are definitely day brightners! Glad he is making Ginger's acquaintance.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
YOU ARE AN AMAZING LADY...YOU HAVE A GREAT IMIAINATION AND MAKE THE PICS SO MUCH MORE FUN TO SEELL THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGIAN FOR THE GREAT MESSAGES...HAVE A SUPER FINE WEEKEND AND KEEP SMILING TILL WE SEE YOU AGAIN ON MONDAY !!!!!!!
Eileen in Fla. said…
I'm so happy for you all with your new puppy. Young life, elder life, all life on the farm is a blessing -- but lots of work too. Thank you for sharing.
Agent X, not said…
Such a fun post. Happy weekend to all!!
This N That said…
Fun post...keep them coming..Forrest has many expressions..He makes me chuckle..I'm glad that Chester has warmed up to him....and Ginger..best buds!!..Looks like he has a ways to go as far as gardening goes..He looks so innocent!!
Love the "shower"...Bobby cat seems entertained..
That's a lot of Turkeys!!
Hope all is well and that everyone is tolerating the heat..
Lynne said…
Love the pictures . . .
Forrest is doing a great job of
encouraging me to make the “new dog “ leap!
Tell me please how you discovered
liver-worst to be a good dog treat!