Friday With Forrest

 Well!

It sure has taken Mom a long time to let me talk again!  But, as she said, she's been super busy with summer.   And now we get to just stay home and play all day, every day!

I'm having such a wonderful time here on the farm.  I've learned a whole bunch of tricks and Mom and Dad say I'm really smart.  I don't know about that - but I do a lot of thinking about the world around me.  It's actually all starting to make sense to me.  The one thing I can't understand, however, is why Chester doesn't like me.  Thankfully, Annie likes me and plays with me.

I am starting to understand that not everyone on the farm wants to play with me.  Dad says "leave it" when I try to play with the chickens.

Yesterday, I helped Mom walk the pig, Ginger, back to her yard.  She comes to the barn to visit me - we're good friends. 

 She even shares her treats with me!

After that I found something very curious in the horses's yard.  It looked a lot like a ball - but it was bigger than me!

I barked at it, but it didn't move.

  I figured out that it wasn't alive, so I gathered all of my courage and got real close.  It was a ball... a big ball with a fun handle to chew on.

I used all my muscles and picked up that ball and ran with it.  It was so much fun!  I am learning that there's just not much to be scared of, after all!

I've been spending a little time with Dad in the workshop while Mom was away on errands.  He used all sorts of noisy things to cut some wood and make it into a bird.  Dad says it's a bird house - for birds to live in.

How cool is that?!


Have a super-fun weekend.  And, if you find something fun that sorta 
scares you... be brave and play!!
Sending puppy love from the farm,
your friend, Forrest.

Comments

daisy g said…
Sweet Forrest! You are learning so much. Chester will come around, just you wait!
Marcia LaRue said…
Who could ever resist those sorrowful looking puppy eyes? Forrest, you are just too cute!
You may still be a little bit too rambunctious for Chester ... he's not a youngster anymore and I think he has a health issue, doesn't he?
Eileen in Fla. said…
Enjoy Forrest's posts very much. He's just too cute.
Forrest, you are super cute and sweet just like Annie and Chester! I'm glad you are making friends with everyone there. Hope you and everyoneon the farm have a greatweekend!.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
WOW..SUCH A GREAT ORIGINAL POST...MADE ME SMILE BIG...THANKS A BUNCH BRILLANT LADY...I SURE LOVE THAT BIRD HOUSE...HAVE A SUPER FINE WEEKEND...ENJOY !!!!!!!!
SuziQ said…
Forrest is about the cutest dog I've seen in a long time! He is such a good boy. Makes me want one just like him. Thanks for the great posts that make me smile everyday!
This N That said…
Forrest is getting so smart..I guess he always has been..I can't believe he picked up that ball..
Love Jack's bird house..That's very cute!!
Have a great weekend..Hugs
Lynne said…
Lots of DISCOVERY going on for Forrest!
That ball looked heavy, how could Forrest pick it up?
Really like that bird house.
Anyone interested yet?