There's nothing like a puppy to turn the serenity of the farm upside down! He brings an element of chaos never before experienced by this peaceful place.
Yesterday, the sun rose above a moist and misty land. The air was still and silent - sounds muffled by the moisture that hung so thickly.
My plan had been to water the garden in the morning, because we had not had rain for a few days. However, as if ordered... we received over a half inch of rain sometime during the night that left everything adequately watered. Thank you, Mother Nature!
I took my "good" camera to the garden,
to get some peaceful morning shots, while the animals were busy grazing.
The flowers are beautiful in the early morning light and I wanted to capture some of that beauty.
The bed of zinnias has exploded in a mass of bright color.
The sunflowers turn their faces towards the morning sun -
reflecting that brilliance back to the rest of the garden.
Here and there rogue morning glories wind themselves around unsuspecting stems.
And the bee balm awaits the first morning pollinators.
The garden is a sanctuary of peace and tranquility and definitely one of my happy places. Who could ever imagine that just outside its gate, an agent of chaos is causing all manner of mayhem. All it took was a puddle left from the night's rainstorm...
and it's game-on!
Pouncing...
splashing...
and turning the water a lovely shade of muddy brown.
![]() |
| "WHAT?" |
He was having so much fun that I didn't have the heart to stop him. We are pretty used to giving this fellow a hose shower on a daily basis. Today's would just come a little earlier!
Then, as quickly as it started...." squirrel!" Something else grabbed his attention...
and he was off running. And running...
And running...And running!
There's nothing like a puppy to turn a peaceful moment in to sheer calamity!
PS: If you are getting tired of puppy pictures - so sorry, but this is our life at the present moment! I have been feeling like my creativity has waned, lately. I suppose this is due to the fact that we are hyper-vigilantly training a puppy 24/7. I know that life will slow down considerably once Forrest is a bit older. But for now, I apologize for any diminished quality of writing and photography.






















Comments
Blessings...
Love and hugs from hot S. Colorado!!
Your pictures ae lovely..I especially like the morning mist and the flowers...and Forrest..That about covers them all, I guess..
Forrest looks like a hand full..A lot of personality there..Never too many pictures..Keep sharing..Maybe a cross between him and Mollie would be perfect...activity wise..
The quality hasn't diminished..just different!! Stay cool!!