Fridays With Forrest

Hello Friends.  Forrest here.  I was wondering if you might like a regular weekly posting from me, you new friend, Forrest.  What do you think about that idea?  That way you can see how much I change from week to week.  And also, I can tell you what I have learned in a week.

I have lived for one week in my new home and I have already learned so much.  I've also learned that some things are difficult to put into practice.  Mom and Dad take me outside on a leash and say "go potty" and I know exactly what they mean.  So, I get my belly down low to the ground and pee.  The wonderful thing about this is... I get a piece of cooked egg yolk (which I LOVE!) as a treat.

But, I still confuse the rug for grass on occasion - which makes Mom and Dad say "no!" in an unhappy voice.  I'm trying real hard, but it's still a little confusing.  I'm gonna keep practicing, 'cause I love when they call me a good boy!

I've made so many friends this week.  I have a pig friend, and a sheep friend who share their treats with me.

Then, every morning, Mom says, "Let's go feed the pig."  So I run along and stick my head in the pig stall and say "good morning, Pig!".  What a happy world this is!

I have horse friends who leave me big piles of treats all over the place!  

Mom tells me not to get close to those twin horses with the long ears.  She says they stomp and I am just a little to small to run away quickly.  Maybe we will be friends some day when I am big.

Dad says the air quality is dangerous so he and Mom wear masks when they work outside.  The horses wear masks, too.  So, I was wondering why I don't have to wear a mask!

Mom and dad did a funny thing yesterday.  They rode around on noisy things while Annie and Chester and I waited inside the garden fence.  Then, when we went back outside, the grass was shorter and no longer tickled my belly.

It sure is a funny world!

It's going to be a little time before I check back in with you.  Mom is going to take a blogging break.  July is a busy month... family picnics, birthdays, and lots of other activities that are going to keep them busy... not to mention, me.  She will be back to fill you in on all of the fun on July 11th.  Until then, sending puppy hugs to you.  We will miss you!  Have a fun and safe 4th of July!!

PS:  to answer the question as to what we do with all of our veggies... we eat most of them and share some.  We eat a very vegetable-dense diet and try to use what is in the garden as it ripens.  When the tomatoes ripen, we will roast and freeze the excess for future use.  Peppers are also frozen for culinary purposes.  The hull peas that we picked this week were put into a silicone bag and will be used in stews next winter.  Onions will be hung to dry and stored in our cellar. Sweet potatoes, winter squash, and red potatoes will be stored there as well.

Comments

Rena said…
Yes. A regular weekly post from Forrest please! What a handsome puppy he is!
Rena
Jody in Georgia said…
I vote yes for Fridays with Forrest posts! Have a great "break from blogging" but just know y ou will be greatly missed!
Marcia LaRue said…
Definitely weekly updates on Forrest will be needed! He is so photogenic!
Have a fabulous 4th and enjoy your time off ... we will see you when you get back!
This N That said…
I'll miss you...and Forrest..Enjoy your break!!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
forrest is the cutest puppy ever..shhh, don't tell the w's! have a great 4th bev. i'm sure forrest won't get too much attention!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING LADY..NOT ONLY W/GREAT WORDES OF WISDOM...WHICH YOU SURE HAVE...BUT THE COMMENTARY ON THE PHOTOS YOU PLACE ON THIS AWESOME PAGE...EVEN THOUGH WE DEEPLY MISS THESE SUPER FINE POST...YOU SURE DESERVE A BREAK ..ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF AND REST AND ERELAX EVERY CHANCE YOU GET...FORREST..BEING A PUP HAS TO LEARN WHAT ""NOT"" TO DO....SMILING...HE SEEMS TO BE CATCHING ON FAIRLY QUICK...ENJOY YOUR BREAK...GOD BLESS AND KEEP SMILING !!!!!
Sally said…
Yes, A weekly post from Forrest would be so nice, he sure is a cutie. Enjoy the 4th of July and your tip to Colorado, have a safe trip. We
will miss you, but we will all be waiting for your return home.


Sounds like you make great use of all your garden delectables. Forrest is such a cutie and I love that kitty with him at the end!
Katmom said…
Forrest, if I didn’t know better, I would guess you are of Berneis (sp) breed… so cute!
Tell mom and dad to have a fabulous 4th Holiday and enjoy your summer.💖
Lynne said…
Enjoy your vacation time Forest . . .
I will miss you.
See you on the 11th.
🐶
Elle Pepe said…
I love Forrest already! More posts, little bud!