A Forrest Booster

"Good Morning, Farm Friends.   Forrest, back, again.  I loved talking to you on Friday, so I asked Mom if I could give you another update today.

I am really settling in to my new home.  There's so much to learn that sometimes I feel like my brain is going to burst!

First of all... the WORDS... all the words that I have to learn - and some of them are so confusing!

Like... Mom and Dad say that they have their hands full, but when I look at them I don't see anything in their hands!  I just don't know about that!

I have lots of new play toys.  Some are good to chew, some squeak, and some are just for cuddling.  I try to wrestle with the cuddle toys, but nothing I do will make them wrestle back!  And Mom and Dad don't let me wrestle the cats!

I am learning all about the animals here on the farm. 

 I especially like Ginger and Faith.  They don't mind when I drop by for a visit, 

and sometimes they even share their treats with me.

I tried one of the horse treats, but it didn't taste all that good.  And I just cannot understand what the horses like about eating hay.  It's much more delishus when it comes out the other end.  If I were them, I'd wait and eat that instead!

I tried helping Mom sweep the barn, but she suggested that I find another job!

And, apparently, hoses are not my job either!

We spend a little time in Mom's garden each day. 

 I learned that digging isn't my job either! 

 And neither is picking peas!

I've gotten wet a whole lot lately.  It's been raining - which I don't mind.  And, I've had a couple baths - the second one because I climbed a hill that had some poison ivy on it.  And I went to the pond to meet the ducks.  I only got my feet wet in the pond.  That's what Annie does, so I figured that's just what you do!!

I can't wait to find out what my job is going to be.  For now, I have figured out that it just might be "going potty outside" - which is something I am really good at.  I do that job as soon as I go outside each time and Mom or Dad give me a treat - but it's not near as delishus as horse poo!  Why can't they carry some of that in their pockets, instead?  There's just so many things I don't understand!  The best part of "going potty outside" is the hugs and kisses that I get.  I think I will do this job forever - it's so easy!

I do help mom feed the pig.

When Mom opens the door, I march up to Ginger and say "time to eat!

I've been sleeping really well each night.  Mom and Dad got me a snuggle puppy that has a real heartbeat and I don't feel all alone inside my "cave".  My cave is my safe place.  When the big dogs start barking, I run and hide inside my cave with my snuggle puppy.

The past few days have taught me that life is pretty good and that I am a really good boy.  I'm so happy to know these things.  There's so much more to learn and so much fun to be had.  I am going to work really hard to learn to understand the words because I love to make Mom and Dad happy.

And just in case you were wondering, even though I am a handful (what the heck does that mean?), Mom has been able to do some berry picking - with my assistance.  I stand guard and keep my eye on her.

She emptied out the freezer of all leftover farm fruit from last summer (freeing up space in the freezer for this summer's harvest of berries and vegetables) and made a big batch of jam.  I think she used black raspberries, gooseberries, blueberries and peaches.  Sounds yucky to me, but Dad seems to love it.


Mom's even had some time to knit.  She says it's never too soon to get ready for Christmas.  I wonder what Christmas is?  I hope there's horse poop in Christmas.  That would be great!"


Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
a stocking full of horse poop! now, there's a perfect gift. i know a few people i should give them to!
Rena said…
So precious! Forrest is adorable! A visit to Bee Haven Acres with the addition of a puppy, is a wonderful way to start the day! Thanks for sharing your farm life with us.
Oooh, never enough puppy love! Or any animal for that matter. Forrest, you seem to be settling in quite nicely. I am sure you will get over enjoying that horse poo as soon as you figure things out.
I'm glad you don't mind the rain because I think there is more coming!
This N That said…
Adorable. Maybe Forrest should. Write all of your blog posts. He certainly has a way with words. Sounds like he’ll never go hungry. Lol have a great week.
Jody in Georgia said…
Forrest, you did a good job writing your Mom's blog for her - a real Ernest Hemmingway! Oh, I forgot, he wrote with cats! Have fun on the farm....it's a wonderful place!
Lynne said…
Great message Forest but . . .
I really hope you give up on the “horse poop!”
I won’t let you lick my face if I come for a visit!
You sure are cute and handsome!
Your mom, dad, animals are the best . . .
I will be waiting to hear you have given up the “HP!”
Csnook said…
I love hearing from you Forest! You are one lucky dog to live at Bee Haven Acres!
Marcia LaRue said…
Oh, Forrest ... You are so adorable! Looking forward to watching you grow into the dog you are to become!
Too bad you will always have a taste for horse 🐎 poop 💩!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
GIRL....YOUR POST AND PICS ARE ALWAYS AMAZING....LOVE IT...HE IS SURE A GREAT LOOKIING PUP...SURE WISH I HAD ONE...HAD A SUCCESSFUL HEART PROCEDURE TODAY... SO I AM STILL CRANKING...THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT TO MAKE OUR DAY SPECIAL...KEEP SMILNG AND THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!
Deb said…
My goodness what a cute puppy! What a wonderful new addition to the family.