Visitors!

 Living in the country, at the edge of the wood, we get a lot of visitors - all are welcome... but some more than others!  Over the past few months we have seen a lot of this fellow.  You might have noticed him in last week's photos at the old log cabin.

Yesterday, he was napping on our back deck just feet from our dining room.  He went un-noticed by the dogs (who are quite used to felines of all size and shape here on the farm) and also by Ivy.  I am curious to see if Ivy would feel the same about this beautiful boy (I am assuming it is male.)  (The gene that codes for fur color is found on the X chromosome, and because males have only one X chromosome, a larger number of orange cats are male versus female....81%.)

I am happy to see he is comfortable so close to the house.  Perhaps one day we will become friends.  At least he has a source of food, water, and shelter for now.

We've also had some other visitors to the farm - as evidenced by a little bird feeder mayhem.  Game cameras can solve just about any mystery, and this one is no exception.

"Aha!  Hello little one."  It's a little on the small side.

"A little snack?"

"Oh, hello!!   You have a friend!"


Hubbs will be locking up the bird feeders for the time being to discourage these sunflower seed thieves.  If they were gentle and just had their nibble without being destructive, we wouldn't mind so much, but they are often very destructive as a result of their mealtime enthusiasm.  


Our priority is definitely feeding the birds.  These masked bandits will have to fend for themselves!

We seem to be stuck in the middle of rainy season, 

with an occasional sprinkle of sunshine intermixed.  Yesterday was one of those gloriously sunny days... not yet warm, but beautiful.  Saturday, as you can see by Ivy's demeanor, was the opposite!

After being pent up in the dry lot during the showers, the horses were eager to get back to the pasture again.

It's amazing how quickly the grass begins to turn green after all the rain.  

Just the addition of a little bit of sunshine, and green pops out all over.

All of our furry friends took advantage of yesterday's sunshine and spent time foraging.

Comments

This N That said…
Yesterday was a perfect day, weatherwise. I know there are more to come today. We are back on the rainy side. I hope someday Mr. orange becomes a friendly part of the family years ago. I had a female, orange cat…Erin… she was the beginning of a long string of cats
Feeding the birds can sometimes be challenging. Lots of competition out there. And the competition is usually destructive.

I hope you have a good week. Hugs.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
it was a perfect day for gardening yesterday. i planted a lot of things and cleaned up tons of branches that came down with the wind storm. rain is on the way for us shortly.
Jody in Georgia said…
It's raining here in Georgia this morning and more rain predicted for the week. But I have hydrangeas, azaleas, and other assorted flowers blooming as the temperatures are on the warm side...62 degrees when I got up this morning. Love the orange kitty...I have an orange kitty, Charlie, who rules the household with his tabby brother and sister.
Csnook said…
I had an orange cat, he was a male named Butterscotch. The best cat I ever had! I noticed your orange had a notch out of his ear. I was recently informed by a neighbor that a notch out of their ear means they are fixed.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
WELLLLL WE HAD A MONSTER STORM FIDAY NIGHT...WHICK KNOCKED OUT OUR LIGHTS AND UNTER NET...JUST GOT THE INTERNET BACK TODAY...TUESDAY...HED SEVERAL HUGH TREES BLOWN ON TOP OF THE HILLA ROUND THE FIELDS...IT SOUNDED LIKE A TORONADO...BUT... I GUESS IT WAS NOT...LOTS OF DAMILAGE AND IT WILL SURE TAKE A WHILE TO GET IT ALL CLEANED UP,,,LOVE THE PICS...MY DOG KEEP POSSOMS AND COONS RUN OFF...SO WE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM W/THEM...I SURE DO LOVE THESE POST...THANKS YOU SOOOOOOO VERY MUCH...KEEP SMILING !!!!!!!
That orange cat is so beautiful.....I hope he feels comfortable and sticks around....I'd love to see more of him. And I wonder what ever happened to that pretty black and white kitty that used to hang around....was it the old log cabin area? Whoa......Ivy looks scary in that picture! I didn't know you ever let her outside. Ha....she doesn't seem to like the rain much. Always a joy to visit at your blog!
Katmom said…
Hey Bev, we finally got a couple of Trail Cams,,, so glad we did,,,

I envy your sunshine 🌞,,, before long you will be out in your garden again… lucky you.
Hugz
Yellow cats arealways my favorite...they just seem to be, well, the most "dog-like" to me! Friendly, loving, follow-you-around kind of cats. We have one now that is housebroken...not that we tried to teach him, he just goes to the door when he's ready to! I see a little notch in the ear...I read once that some vets do that as a sign they've spayed/neutered the cat. May or may not be true, but I thought I'd pass that along. Enjoy him!