The Artist, Winter

 The sun returned to us yesterday... and with it, a bit of warmth.

After morning chores were finished and the horses were brought back to the barn, I took a trek down to our creek to see how things looked after the flood waters receded.


I was awestruck by the artistry that I found along the shore of the stream.

Old Man Winter is quite the sculptor.

From each and every tiny branch or root hung perfect crystal prisms...

glistening in the morning sunshine.

Where water had flowed along the ground, it left delicate works of art.

I thought this one looked like the head of a vulture.

I took many photos... each sculpture was so beautiful


and so unique.


All of them suspended in the air above the flowing water of the stream.


Thick, ice curtains hanging across a stage of rushing water...


decorating tree roots that have been laid bare by the ever-flowing water as it rushes down, down, down towards the river, and eventually the ocean.

These next photos were taken by our brother-in-law, Rob...





Nature never ceases to amaze me and fill me with awe.  It's fierce and wild, and yet, so very beautiful.  With the coming warm front, these sculptures will quickly melt and be gone.  I am so happy I was able to witness the enchantment!

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
my ponds and creek looked a lot like these pics. i should have thought to take pics. this is just one of the many reasons i love winter so much.
colleen said…
Beautiful and amazing photos. Thank you for sharing. xoxo
daisy g said…
Absolutely amazing!
Sally said…
Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing them.
Mary V said…
WOW, beautiful just beautiful.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL....WOW !!!!! THESE ARE SURE AMAZING...WE ARE IN THE 50 TODAY...GOT A BIT OF RAIN...WE ARE SURE ENJOYING THE WARMTH !!!!!!!! THANK YOU MUCH DEAR LADY !!!!!!
This N That said…
Beautiful!!! Amazing photos..Enchanting indeed..I would have had to take many pictures as well..Rob got some "gooders"
I know how you love "scooping" frozen manure...
Just Amazing Pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. Does make me cold looking at them though!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
JUST GREAT BEAUTY...LOVE THESE...HAPPY NEW YEAR...SO VERY THANKFUL THAT YOU TAKE THE TIME TO BRIGHTEN OUR DAY W/YOUR SUPER PICS AND COMMENTARY !!!!!!
Unknown said…
Thank you! How beautiful God’s handy work!! I would have not believed had I not seen your awesome pictures! You have so many talents and we feel very privileged to be able to partake of them. The afghan you made for us sure came was sooo comfy in that cold weather we experienced here in Iowa. Blessings!