Life's Most Precious

 It's funny how we wish time away when we are young... wishing we were older and had the privileges that come with age.  Then, somewhere along the way we arrive at the place where we wish time would slow down.  I suppose I noticed the latter when I was raising my children - wishing they would stay little just a bit longer.  They grow up so quickly, don't they?  It seems that in the blink of an eye, children become adults.  I only wanted to slow that process down a bit.

In way too short a time, my children were grown, leaving me just a little nostalgic for the years when they were little.  Eventually they married, and I hoped for grandchildren.  Having grandchildren has been one of life's greatest blessings to me.  I love every minute that I have spent with mine... starting 12 years ago, when Tyler was born. 

 I am lucky to still be enjoying these younger years with the grandchildren who have followed.   

We spent yesterday with Mackenzie and Easton, who were off school and need of supervision.  We met their Daddy early in the morning and whisked them off for a day of adventure.  We happened upon a great big dragon on our travels and stopped to take a look.  

It's not every day that you see a dragon by the side of the road!

Our next stop was a lovely little local coffee shop.  If you happen to be local to our Central Pennsylvania area, you must pay a visit to the Shine Coffee Company in Liverpool.

We had hot chocolate and yummy chocolate chunk cookies for our morning treat.

This little coffee shop is a jewel in the middle of our rural area - serving coffees, teas, hot chocolates, and baked treats - as well as breakfast and lunch items.  The atmosphere is perfect!

I found this old photo of what this building housed back in its earlier times.

After running a couple of errands, we ended up at the farm for a day of play.  These two are always happy to help out with farm chores.

Farm visitors means extra treats for everyone!

I think the favorite activity of the day was driving the Christmas train through our village (I'll do a post about our Christmas Village when it is complete.  We are still awaiting a couple of additions.)

These past years with our grandchildren have been the most rewarding.  It's true what they say about the joy of being a grandparent... you get the very best of times with these precious souls.  My memory banks are filled with happy times... times that I will some day look back upon with joy.  These days don't last forever.  But for now, I will absorb every precious moment and try to make the very best of memories for these little people to carry with them through life.  When they are grown and busy with their own lives, I know that they will remember these times with fondness... happy, innocent times wrapped in love.

Comments

Sandra Wagner said…
Beautiful and so very true.
Sharon said…
As I read your daily blogs I remember the days when my 5 grands spent weekends with us and how much fun we had. They are all grown up now but the time we get to spend with them as adults is always fun too. They do indeed grow up fast. I’m hoping some great-grands show up before I’m too old to play😍
THE BEARDED ONE said…
YOUR PICS AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS SPECIAL...WE HAVE4 GRAND CHILDREN AND 0NE GREAT GRAND GIRL...WE ACTUALLY RAISED ONE OF OUR GREAT OUR GRAND CHILDREN...HE IS NOW 32..HE HAS ASBERGER SYNDROME WIDE OPEN...HIS GRANNY HELPED HIM W/HIS MOMEWORK..I HELPED HIM LEARN TO PLAY BASKETBALL...DRIVE THE TRACTOR AND THEN THE TRUCH...HE STOOD BETWWEN MY LEGS AND DROVE THE TRUCK...HE HAD A SPEECH PROBLEM WHEN YOUNG...BUT HE HAS NOW BEEN WORKING AT ONE OF THELOCAL NURSING HOME OVER 8 YEARS...WE HELPED HIM GET A HOUSE BUILT AND HE DOES MOST OF HIS COOKING BUT HE LIKES FOR HIS GRANNY TO BE W/HIM...NOW...MAINLY TO WASH THE COOKING POTS AND PANS...SMILING...HE STILL HAS LOTS OF ISSUES BUT HE IS HANDLING THEM GREAT...TWO OF UOUR GRAND CHILDREN LIVED BEHIND US ON THE FARM...SOOOOO WE WERE ABLE TO SEE THEM A BUNCH...GRAND CHILDREN ARES SURE SPECIAL....THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT THAT GOES INTO THESE AWESOME POSTS...HAVE A SUPER DAY !!!!!!
I am enjoying some time with my youngest grandson today. He comes over every Tuesday. We have the morning and lunchtime together.

Memories made with grandparents are precious to then when they get older.
This N That said…
Happy for you..You are very fortunate to have these times. Enjoy the rest of your week..
Your grandchildren are so blessed to spend these beautiful and memorable days with you and you are blessed to be able to spend time with them. Memories are being made and you are all the better for them. Store them up because soon you'll be waiting for great grands to make memories with!