The Hole In My Kitchen Is Gone

Oh my goodness!  By the time you read this post, another 2- 3 inches of snow will have fallen on the farm.  I have no words.  I can only watch and appreciate the beauty, right?

Yesterday while I was out doing afternoon chores, I sat in the snow in the dry lot  with Griz on my lap, next to where the donkeys were enjoying their snack of hay.  

These girls are just the sweetest.  But, they are definitely my donkeys.  We understand each other.

Of course, I couldn't just sit there and enjoy the moment.  No, Mr.(s) Nosie Pants (1 and 2)

 had to come see what was happening in our little love fest, and, of course, break it up.

I'd like to think they were there to visit with me, but I am pretty sure it was the hay that called them.

  No worries, the donkeys moved on to another spot and continued their munching.

I used to worry during the cold winter months that perhaps our horses were cold.  I have learned over the years that they are toasty warm within their fluffy coats.  All one need do is sink your fingers into their manes, and you can feel the heat radiating off of them.

Even their little legs are covered in a long coat of fluff.

I mentioned early in January that my wall oven had died.  I promptly ordered a new oven from one of the big box stores and every two weeks I got a message that delivery would be delayed 2 more weeks.   I eventually learned that the oven would not be delivered until sometime in June.  Unacceptable.

After six weeks of this waiting game, I gave up and called our local appliance store (something I should have just done in the first place) asking them what they could order in and have it arrive quickly.  I was happy to see that the top-rated wall oven was the model they said they could get (in less than a week!). YAY!!!!

We are back in the baking business... and just in time to make some Valentine's Day treats and some bread!

Comments

colleen said…
You are now back in business, yay!!!! That is a long time to go without an oven.
We are in a spell of night temps below zero. Few nights ago it was -20, now that's just ridiculous...I need to get that shawl finished :) xoxoxo
Amanda Rose said…
We lost our dishwasher in march last year, right before the first stay at home order here in Illinois. At the advice of the salesmen, we made sure to order one that was already in the warehouse, because they couldn't guarantee how long the delivery times would be for anything not in the warehouse, because at the time ships from china weren't allowed to dock.

Unknown to them, somebody else had bought the same unit we had just a few minutes before they submitted our order. At thanksgiving with no dishwasher, we called and cancelled the order and made them refund us the full purchase price, which was quite a hassle that far out, but we got it done!
Lynne said…
I really like it when local can get some pluses!
Let the baking days return!

Love seeing your outdoor winter animal likes and cuddles!
Giving you a “Go Bev Maven Haven” . . .
daisy g said…
Wow! That's a ridiculous amount of time to expect folks to wait! Glad it worked out and you were able to support local. Win-win.

Enjoy your sensational snow.
Good for you...local store to the rescue! Appliance shortages seem to be an unexpected result of the pandemic...who would have guessed? My stove went out in March, and always wanting a double-oven I found ordering one was an impossibility...lucky me, I found a 1950 Hotpoint for a song, double-oven, a hardworking beauty. Now...about the fridge I ordered that's taking 6 months to come in...good thing my old one still working!
Marcia LaRue said…
Congrats on getting the new oven ... one thing you learned in the interim ... you discovered you can bake bread in the pizza oven when needed! LOL
Let the Valentine's Day baking commence ... with lots of pictures!!
This N That said…
You haven't missed a beat but Congrats on your new oven..Often it's the little guy that comes thru for us..We use a local family owned and run Appliance business.Enjoy!
Karen said…
I love that you supported your local store. I always try to shop local - but sometimes you just can't. **love the snow pictures and your critters! Glad you have your oven finally:)
Karen said…
I have a Whirlpool 1980s electric oven (free on craigslist) that I LOVE! I wish I didn't have to have a self-cleaning one, but due to my back, I'm stuck. It works beautifully - bakes like a dream - just everything about it I love. It has a oven door handle that displays my kitchen towels wonderfully - a huge drawer at the bottom -AND is a light almond color. It makes me happy every single day - is that normal??
Bee Haven Bev said…
Karen... unfortunately I am no judge of normal. But I can relate. This oven is cobalt blue on the inside and every time I see it I smile!!
woo hoo what a beautiful new oven! I can't wait to see the goodies you are going to be making. now if you could just figure out a way to pass some of them thru the computer and out to us out here! Everything you make looks wonderful! Wow ....that first pic of Beatrice is amazing....she has gotten so big and beautiful! Love all your kitties....especially Bobby, but haven't seen alot of him lately. Take good care. See you tomorrow!