The Best Thing About Being Away....

... Is coming home!
I was so excited to get home yesterday and see all of my loves...
human and animal.


I left North Caroline early in the morning
(shortly after five)
and arrived home by two o'clock in the afternoon.

I could hardly wait to visit with my friends.
And, of course, they were happy to see me as well.
(no happier than usual, though)


My first stop was the front pasture, where the pigs were out grazing.


Naturally, when I sat on the ground, they came running over to greet me,
and immediately flopped down on the ground...
MaryAnn next to me, and Ginger next to the fence.


I couldn't help but notice that Ginger had a slight limp in her right rear leg.
I checked it and could find nothing obvious.
I will give her a couple days and see how she is.
If no better, I'll have to get Becky down to look at her.
(Let's keep our fingers crossed.)


She had been running in the front pasture earlier,
chasing Jack while he was out cleaning up manure.
Perhaps she just over-did it a little.
Time will tell.

From the pasture, I moved into the donkey yard.
I sat on a stump there and the donkey gals came over to greet me.


We were interrupted, however, when Red and Ollie decided 
that they needed my attention more than the donkeys.


The donkeys tried a warning nibble, but Red and Ollie ignored them.
I guess you can see who's in charge!


We snuzzled a little.


Red tried nibbling my pony tail.


Meanwhile, the pigs tried their hardest to get our attention through the fence.


It was a very sweet moment with these boys...
and one that doesn't happen that often.


Luckily the ponies and Moonbeam stayed on the other side of the dry lot,
so this peaceful moment lasted quite a while.


Gee, it's good to be back home again!

Comments

colleen said…
Gee, it's good to have you back home. I miss you when you're gone. xoxo
Anonymous said…
Nothing better than home!
Lynne said…
Great you are home safe, sound and happy!
daisy g said…
Glad you had a safe trip home.
Savor it!
littlemancat said…
Glad you're safely home- that's a long drive to do alone. Love the animal love - they are telling you how much they missed you.
Mary
This N That said…
It’s nice to be missed. Glad you’re back safe and sound.
We are glad you are home. We missed you too.
Anonymous said…
Very sweet homecoming!
Phyllis
Love all your animals. That's what I look forward to the most about having a homestead.