Are Your Ducks In A Row?

Mine are!


I swear, of all our animals, these five are the most comical.


They awaken each morning and are ready to go as soon as their door swings open...
then off they go with an apparent agenda...
from here to there, and everywhere in between and back again!


They add so much life to the farm.
Non-stop action... most of the day.


With the exception of a few bathing and napping breaks,
they are patrolling the yards and fields keeping all of the insects at bay,
as they fill their bellies.


Best. Pesticide. Ever!
I would love to have a whole big flock of runner ducks.
How much fun would that be,
to see a flock of them running to and fro!

Remember winter when everything was monochromatic?


Not anymore!


Our world is now technicolor.


I am putting all of this color in the bank...
so I can draw from it next winter!

Guess who are up to their old tricks?


The guineas are once again making nests in my flower beds.
That explains their crazy behavior.

Ducks gather in flocks (or so I always thought), geese in a gaggle.
Do you know what a group of guineas are called?

If you have had guineas you will understand this.
A group of guineas is called a "confusion!"

I just read that a group of ducks is called a "raft" (that's a new one.)
A group of turkeys... a rafter (so who's the raft-est?)
A group of buzzards.... a wake (fitting.)
A group of owls... a parliament (also fitting.)
A group of vultures... a committee (sign me up!)
A group of flamingos... a flamboyance (perfect!)
A group of crows... a murder (not sure where that came from!)
Your avian trivia for the day... you're welcome.
😁

Comments

colleen said…
I know if those runners had arms and hands you could send them off to work...I know their job is gathering insects..but just saying. If I lived on a farm runners would be my first purchase. They aren't slackers that's for sure and they are always on a mission.
The trivia was perfect. Gave my husband the test and he failed!!
I would think you would find a way to bank those flowers for winter and let us know :)
I can't get enough of those runner ducks!
littlemancat said…
LOVE those runner ducks! And the avian trivia! It's so interesting to image how those names came up. The mystery of language.
Rainy here this morning and cool.
Mary
This N That said…
Love the Runner Ducks running around with their "hands" in their pockets..Too funny..Thanks for the trivia..I think I'll just stick to "a bunch"!!
Eileen in Fla. said…
As a diminuative person myself at 5' tall, I must speak in 'Little Guy's' defense (forget his name). When you're small in size, you must speak louder and more forcibly to be heard, sometimes even resort to kicks. I've noticed this with my small breed dogs too. Kinda a Mighty Mouse syndrome. haha. My big guys were all gentle giants. Maybe nature is trying to compensate us for our small statue with a big attitude.
Have a great weekend.