Little Surprises

I had every intention of visiting with you yesterday...
and then I found myself overcome by events.
Namely, two toddlers.


I love keeping our "littles" when their parents are away.
We have such fun together...
but it is all-encompassing and all-consuming.
At the end of the day, Monday evening, I just did not have the energy to sit 
down and write.
Knowing that I had another day ahead of me to entertain these two,
I headed to bed and got the rest necessary 
for keeping up with two creatures of perpetual motion.


While I stayed indoors and played and worked on potty training (going great!),
Hubbs took responsibility of the farm animals.


Much to Easton's chagrin, it was much too cold for the little ones
to be outside on the farm.
So... our days were spent indoors...
doing little chores around the house...
yes, even a 1 ½ year old can help with things like setting the table and 
putting things away.
We painted and practiced cutting with safety scissors (not Easton),
played with play dough, played farm, 
did puzzles, 
snacked, 
napped,
repeat, repeat, repeat...
and magically the days passed in the blink of an eye.
But, no blog.


So, I am back this morning.
The temperatures are up just a hair. 
They had reached negative 4 the past two mornings....brrrrrr.
Everything remains frozen.


The animals are bored.
So much so, that the mini horses have taken to chasing the dogs around the dry lot
and dumping the manure buckets... just for fun.


We received something fun in yesterday's mail....
an envelope with several copies of "Country" magazine.
I had been asked (back in November) to write an article about our farm for their magazine.
Of course, I was happy to do just that...
and said article is in this month's issue.


With lots of photos...


I am tickled.


Comments

What an awesome thing! Congratulations! Your farm is really a very special place, and your writing warm and inviting. Those photos perfectly depict your farm oasis.

Congrats on the magazine article! Now even more people will love your farm!
The JR said…
Congratulations! Love that you got to write a article and share all your sweet babies and your farm.
daisy g said…
Congrats on the article. I will have to pick up that magazine!

I couldn't think of a better place for the wee ones to spend some quality time. Play, play, play!
littlemancat said…
Cheers on the Country magazine article and photos - are some of them yours? Will be buying the magazine!
And can imagine how busy the days with the littles are! They are really growing!
Mary
Bee Haven Bev said…
Yes, I took all the photos in the article. I don't think it is available on any newsstands....I think it is only by subscription.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
that is just soooo cool! i wish we could buy that magazine. it's raining here and everything is a sheet of ice which will get much worse when it freezes tonight. where is my snow???
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the article. I will have to get a copy. I love the barn the littles are playing with. Did you build it? Would love to have one for my grandson. It must have been a treat to see the mini's chasing the dogs.

This N That said…
So excited about the article..What b an honor..So proud...I'm sure you enjoyed your time with the little ones even though it was a bit exhausting..Yes, boredom can be a problem for most of us this time of year..not yet for me..Congrats on the publication..good job..
Karen said…
Congrats you two! SO well deserved - you both do 'country' extremely well:) Can't wait for your future book!
Laura Sudderth said…
Wow! This is awesome. And look at Tyler in a magazine!!
Our weather is crystal clear with the bluest skies and we are quite cold here at 36 degrees at almost noon. Believe me that is cold for us in California.
An American in Tokyo said…
CONGRATULATIONS! Wow! What a nice looking article with beautiful photos! =D
diane in northern wis said…
Your article in Country Magazine looks wonderful. Wish I could see it and read it up close. I figured something was up when you didn't have your Blog yesterday. Ha....now I can see how busy you were with the Littles! You sure have a lot of fun things to keep them entertained at your house, even if it is too cold to wander outdoors. Our forecast for the next two weeks is not nice...a lot of below zero weather....I can only hope we don't pass this all on to you! Stay warm!