This Is How We Roll...

With three of us competing for the passenger seat.
It's first-come-first-served... and occasionally old Sammie beats me to the seat...
and then I ride standing up, bent over, in front of him...
when I am feeling generous.
If not, I ask him to give up his seat for a lady.
And he obliges... thankfully.


The rain continues to fall on those of us who are outside.


That would be the horses and we humans who must clean up their manure!


They never seem to mind being soaked to the bone.
Can you see how svelte everyone looks this summer?


Grazing muzzles have been the ticket to slimmer, healthier equines.
Come winter with more hay to keep them warm, they will once again put on a little weight.
For now, though, I quite like the way they are looking.
I only wish it were that easy for the donkeys.


This extra rain will assure that our soon-to-ripen blackberries
will be plump and juicy.


Of course we will also need some sunshine to ripen and sweeten them.
All things need to be in balance.


That just might be my new mantra.
Maintain balance.... in everything.

Between the raindrops, my gladiolas decided to blossom.


Gladiolas... make me glad!


Comments

Louise Stopford said…
The equines are looking very, very smart indeed. I bet you are glad of the rain. It's been SO dry here in UK - never thought I would say it, but we do need the rain. Those Gladiolas are stunning - what a fabulous shade. Everything in your garden is certainly rosy.
Lynne said…
I think I might benefit from a grazing muzzle . . .
Yes indeed . . . the kiddos are looking pretty fine!
Liking the glads . . . what a statement they make!
daisy g said…
We have been blessed with rain these last two days as well. I can hardly wait to go out and check on the garden between raindrops and see how happy everything is out there!

Balance is a wonderful mantra.
Enjoy the showers!
This N That said…
Balance, it is!!!!
Jody in Georgia said…
Loved your mantra...."maintain balance - in everything!" This is one I shall keep in mind! Loving your pictures and comments! Thanks for being such a day brightener despite the weather!