Goodbye June

For me, these days, I am happiest in the simple moments.


With so much sadness and angst in the world,
I find refuge and peace amongst my animals as I do the simple tasks
of caring for their needs.



I cannot cause the great change that needs to happen.
I can only take care of my world, in this moment... here and now.
I can only do the best that I can here in my own little corner.


But really... if everyone could do the best that they could in their own little corners...
perhaps then we could chase the darkness away.
Together.


I find it hard to believe that we are saying goodbye to June tomorrow.
And with that, July is upon us.
The heat has arrived.
These poor girls will save their grazing for night time and spend their days
sleeping.



 We've found the perfect solution to flies and heat for these guys.


Night time grazing with their muzzles has been a lifesaver.


Days are spent napping...
retreating into stalls to escape the flies.


I suppose the wet spring and early summer are the reason that we have so many flies this year.
We have a bumper crop for sure.
Our solar fly catchers are working overtime.
There is always a silver lining...
the flowers are magnificent this year!!



We are celebrating little Easton's first birthday this weekend.
I can scarcely believe it.
What a quick year this has been!

Before we say goodbye for the week...
I wanted to share this with you.
This just cracked me up...


I wonder... was this the result of budget cuts?
Can you even take this seriously?

Comments

Sarah B said…
We saw a huge line of those who've we were in NYC. I laughed exceedingly hard then joked I hoped they didn't get in a wreck with a bike as the cop might lose.
I am so sad, angry and frightened of what this world is becoming - would never have thought what we are seeing today would be possible. Or tolerated.. by anyone.

The flowers are incredibly beautiful this year, I think you're right - the weather is the reason - and the hosta? HUGE! Do you have any one the farm? Are they bigger than ever? It's almost bizarre.

Louise Stopford said…
Can't believe we are nearly in July. This year is flying, for sure. There is great sadness in this world and we can only do our best. Animals are saviours ... having them in our lives enriches us and if there were more people who cared for animals and their welfare, then perhaps this world would be a better place. Have a lovely weekend .. and happy first birthday Easton - one already, wow did that pass quickly!!!!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
maybe that car is for petty crimes. how was the lion king? your flowers are gorgeous!
daisy g said…
I couldn't agree with you more, Bev. All we can do is try to create peace in our own little worlds and hope that it spreads.

Happy Birthday to Easton! Wow, that went by fast!
Dee J. Hartman said…
Sigh......Today. I am thankful for air conditioning...
i am thankful for friends who are true.......
I am thankful for good people like you!















Karla said…
Bev, I live by your philosophy - act locally and believe globally. If we all stuck to this, by tending our own "gardens," we could actually do more for the world! I love tending to my own gardens - sticking to only them gives me energy enough to give them my all, which is all I believe I can do. Am meant to do. This is why your attitude and outlook on life has changed others - all of us who read your blog are inspired by you. Keep on doing what you do, and sharing it with us! :) Thank you! Karla from Coal City, IL
Beautifully said...how does that quote go? Be the change you wish to see in the world? It's the simple things that truly matter.
Bee Haven Bev said…
The Lion King is fabulous!! I loved every second of it.
This N That said…
Sleep all day and stay up all night. Are used to do that when I worked nights.. sounds like a good idea! I bet that little car is good for getting in and out of tight situations and maneuvering through heavy traffic ....could probably even go on the sidewalks... I try to take care of my own little world! I wish everybody did! Have a wonderful weekend.
Lynne said…
Saying goodbye to Beautiful Bee Haven in June
ended with a giggle . . .
I feel much safer now seeing the NYPD vehicle . . .