TomTom Loves Freshly Planted Flowers

I awoke yesterday morning with the intention of taking it easy.


And then the day started...
and it happened, again.

The day just got out of control... like a runaway freight train.


I suppose if I had really wanted to take it easy, 
I never would have ventured out to the garden.
But I did.
And from there it was all downhill, or maybe uphill.

I took another trip to the greenhouse
(they know me quite well, there... I assured them that it was the second out of many visits.)

It's just that every time I turn around, I find another place that could use a flower or two. 


I refreshed this little wagon fairy garden.


It's gotten so warm that I had to fill the pigs' swimming pool.
It was either that or continuously fill up the sheep water bucket...
as the pigs dumped it several times trying to make a cool spot.


One cool spot, coming up....


After Ginger was finished soaking, I just had to change that water...
what a muddy mess!


While I was out planting flowers, I was happy to see that Insect Control
was busily working.
Oh, how I love these bug-eating guineas!


I spent a little time checking the game cameras.
They all been set up in our front yard.


And it's a good thing...


look who came back again...
up the stairs...


right up onto the porch!


He is inches away from our bathroom window.
And we never even heard him!

PS.... Happy, Happy Birthday to my daughter Jenn...
Tyler's Mom.
💖

Comments

Colleen said…
TomTom looks so content.
I'm so envious of your fairy gardens.
I'm surprised the dogs didn't warn you of your surprise visitor.
🎂HaPpY bIrThday, Jenn🎂
GeorgiaHoneyBee said…
Oh my!!!! Flowers and fairies and bears!!! Oh my!!!
daisy g said…
Too close for comfort!

Your fairy garden must be the envy of all the wee ones living there.

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Have a rockin' day!
Lynne said…
Great to have the cameras . . .
BEAR up close, not so much!

Happy BD Jenn
Oh TomTom, you bad boy!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i think i could live without a back porch bear!
Patsy from Illinois said…
When I plant flowers or lettuce, I put chicken wire over the soil to keep the cats from digging. That bear looks scary to me. Is there such a thing as bear repellent? Do they tear up anything?
This N That said…
No rest for the weary. You can always find a spot for more flowers..Zoey would be eating them..not lying in them..Glad the piggies opened their pool.. could join them at this point.. so much for sprint. Glad that bear doesn't try to get inside. A bit close for my comfort.
This N That said…
AutoCorrect strikes again and I read it before I posted it. Should be "so much for spring"
Oh my gosh you get the bears too, wow!!! I've had them come right up onto my deck as well and it's so frightening to think they are right outside and we don't even know it!
diane in northern wis said…
Yikes Bev! What a sighting in your camera! We have them around here too although I luckily haven't run into one yet! And your kitty is sitting in your newly planted flowers? Such a cozy spot! Love your place and love your blog! Take care Bev!
Laura Sudderth said…
OMG a bear! We have had a lot of news lately about Lake Tahoe and the many bears that are actually breaking into homes and making themselves right at home...opening cabinets and basically making a meal. Your cat reminds me of the many birds I have taking dirt baths in my newly-planted-with-seeds- gardens. AAARRRGGGGH!
Mick said…
How to get rid of bears the Canadian Way...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmr8gZIRcTE
Or youtube and search "BC Man politely asks bears to leave"