My Heart Is Full!

Happy April!!
What a full and wonderful Easter/Birthday weekend I had.


First... your sweet comments and Birthday wishes filled my heart to over-flowing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hubbs' blog post made me cry.

Second... my Birthday was filled with fun from beginning to end.
From a morning hike with Tyler (who spent the weekend with us) and Dr. Becky's kids...


to lunch out at my favorite local café...
(where the boys enjoyed enormous cups of hot chocolate)


to afternoon kite-flying with Hubbs...
(a little secret... I love flying kites and hadn't done that for so many years)
Seeing a kite in the air had the guineas quite upset... what a racket they created!


Easter Sunday was spent with family.


We organized an Easter egg hunt for the kids.


And had a yummy lunch.
I'll let you in on another little secret.
The girls in our family love desserts.... and love to bake.
Mackenzie's Mom made this adorable birds' nest cake.


I made cupcakes....
(of course the horse cupcake was for Mackenzie!)


and decorated cookies.
Yep, we gals love our sweets!

We spent the rest of the day just enjoying each other's company.

I took some family photos.
Tyler and his Mom...


Easton and his Daddy...


and Mommy...


Mackenzie was not in the mood for a family photo.
This little gal is best caught candidly, 


when she's busy doing something she loves!


It's a sweet time of life... my kids fill me with pride.
My grands bring me such joy.
Being "Grammie" is the best!


 Last week, Hubbs finished fixing up this old wooden barn for the kids.
It's the perfect, one-of-a-kind toy!


On another note...
we are in the midst of bear season here on the farm.
Saturday night we had a visit from a big fellow... who decided that our bird feeders
made for a good mid-night snack!

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Glad you had such a wonderful weekend ... I bet you need a rest now after all that excitement!! Bear season sounds pretty scary to me - hope you don't have too much of a close encounter.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i can't think of a better weekend! that barn is fabulous. what a wonderful toy! i can't imagine how the kids must love visiting you. what a birthday!
Colleen said…
What a perfect cake for the party.
Bev, I think you need to make some hay for the barns hay loft.
Another perfect party at BHA, I love it!
How wonderful, all of it! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...

Lynne said…
Loved this post “Birthday Girl!”
Wow . . . that barn is an absolute treasure!
I want to come and play with it too!
Spring into Spring . . . It’s happening soon!
This N That said…
Looks like a fun filled weekend spent with family big and little..Great pictures..Sorry Mack didn't want to be included..I think they call that "the terrible two's"..Remember flying kites at the shore?? The cakes look amazing!! No lack of calories in your house.
The barn is a real treasure..Enjoy your week!!
littlemancat said…
Wonderful day,wonderful pics. I really love the one with you and Easton!
Mary
Debbie Nolan said…
Dear Bev looks like you had a lovely birthday and Easter. Happy belated birthday. Read your Hubby's post...you can tell this man is still smitten by you. That in itself is the best gift of all I am sure. Take care and have a great week.
An American in Tokyo said…
Happy belated Birthday!!!
It looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating!!!

Your Hubbs' blog was very beautifully put together, with comments from everyone and lovely photos! Please tell him to continue this tradition!
diane in northern wis said…
So sorry I missed your Birthday Bev. We were out of town for the Easter holiday. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday surrounded by loving family and sweet treats! May the coming year be the best one yet for you! and may God Bless You in many ways.