The Piggy/Sheepie Shuffle

It's evening tuck-in time...
time to do the piggy-sheep shuffle.


Everyone is in from the pasture and ready for bed.
Of course with my presence they are all focussed on only one thing...
TREATS!


Ritz crackers are the magic potion needed to get these girls to do anything I need them to do.

They all follow me into the sheep pen and I hand out treats.

Then I quickly run to the pig pen and the pigs follow on my heels...
highly motivated by snacks.
The sheep are much slower and have no idea what just happened.


Once the pigs are in their own yard, I quick close the fence between the yards and place myself
on the sheep side.


The pigs get treats through the fence.


And the sheep get a few more crackers as well.


I am happy to say that these two have made the adjustment to life without Mama.
In fact, without the protection of Gracie...
these two have begun to trust me more than they used to.


Isn't it amazing the color that Faith turns in the sun.
I think she may have used a little "Sun-In" this summer...
she is blonder than she ever was before.
It's hard to believe that she's my black sheep.


But under all of that blond and brown wool is a scrumptious black fleece.

It's also hard to believe that under that dirty exterior, Hope has a creamy white fleece.
Good Lord these two get dirty!


Well, another week has flown by.
It's been a busy one. 
The painting is finished (except for trim work that I will be doing today.)
We painted the last five chicken houses/garages/run-in sheds yesterday.
We are both quite happy to cross this chore off the list!
I am also taking another delivery of hay this morning.
After that, the barn is full and we are ready for whatever Old Man Winter throws at us!

Have a wonderful weekend.
We'll be back Monday with more "Tails."
Hugs from all of us!

Comments

Dee J. Hartman said…
Again, thank you for sharing a part of your Bee Haven Acres with the rest of the world!
Jody in Georgia said…
Your blog always starts my day off on a high note...I love it. Thanks so much for sharing! Sent a copy of it to a dear friend in MN (I'm in GA) who has also become addicted to your blog. My son is also in awe of you! You inspire a lot of people, Bev!
This N That said…
Is there music that goes with that Routine ?? Great pictures of Faith and Hope..dirty or not..
Zoey likes Ritz cracker bags..They can be found under lots of things around here..Have a great weekend..The weather will be perfect..(for me)...xxoo
Henry said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
diane in northern wis said…
Love your tales of pigs and sheep, Bev. Always so entertaining. I'm so glad that your sheep have adapted so well after losing Mama and now approach you more than before. Your pictures are always so good. Has the weather cooled down by you yet? We have highs in the 50's now....maybe mid 60's tomorrow as we are to go to a fun wedding on a farm a few hours South of us. Can't wait to see and hear all the news from your farm when I get back on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Lynne said…
Do you have stock in Ritz . . .
Might be a great advertisement for them . . .
Dad said…
What happened to Gracie?? I must of missed something.