Au Revoir Bluettes!

It was with a bit of sadness
that I picked the last of the blueberries yesterday.
I know, these look enormous,
but it is just the camera angle.

Well, we have enjoyed blueberry crisp,
blueberry salsa,
fresh blueberries on ice cream;
and the pantry is full of blueberry/lime jam.

Until next year, good bye blueberries!

Our blackberries are in season now.
And they ARE enormous....
and sweet and juicy and delicious.

I combined our blackberries and wild ones picked by the woods,
and made blackberry jam for the coming winter.
Oh, if only they were seedless!

And one last picture....
I am sure this one will make you chuckle.

Have a beary wonderful weekend!

Comments

countrynmore said…
Yummy blueberries and blackberries. The sweetest picture though is of little Tyler and his bear friends.
Anonymous said…
and you as well..it is to be a beautiful one
Junebug said…
I've already had my first wild blackberry pie and of course with ice cream, yum. I agree with you I wish blueberries would last forever. One of the greatest little treats! Tyler is beary, beary cute!!!
Michelle Palmer said…
Those are the largest blackberries I have ever seen! WOW!
Hope your day is sweet & sunny...
Michelle
Ginny said…
Tyler is just the cutest!! He has thed biggest eyes!! Have a good weekend.
Unknown said…
Your blackberries are huge! What do you feed them? Or perhaps it's just that they like where you have planted them? Anyway, enjoy a lovely harvest - hope they are all sweet!