Rubber Rosie

Meet Rosie....she is the youngest of Becky's three dogs....and definitely the most energetic. She is a young golden retriever... who, if we could bottle her enthusiasm, could put Prozac off the market! This morning's tale is about Rosie: The next three pictures are typical for Rosie...as she never holds still long enough to get a clear picture.....
I was heading up to Becky's barn this morning to help with her chores (she is out of commission for a few days). Anyways, I was driving the gator past her house (her land is adjacent to the back side of our farm) and not paying attention to the road (after all, there are never any cars around here), but instead was admiring all the hard work that she puts into her landscaping. All of a sudden an orange flash and a loud "bang" came from the front of the gator.
My head spun around to see Rosie rolling across the road in front of my gator. "Bang" again, I hit her a second time (not having enough time to hit the brakes). Screams of horror were coming from my mouth. I hopped out of the gator to check the dog...and off she ran....apparently unscathed. Now, at this point I have had a heart attack and a stroke all at once and the tears well up in my eyes. Meanwhile Becky is calling..."don't worry, she's fine.....maybe that will teach her a lesson". Well, lessons are good, but not at my hand (and certainly not while I am behind the wheel). A little while after the "accident", Rosie finally sat still enough for me to snap this picture. She is smiling just to say that she really is ok....but perhaps will think twice before running into the road again!

Comments

Anke said…
What a bundle of energy, she's beautiful. I can imagine how shocked you were, I think I would have keeled over on the spot.
Anonymous said…
OMG..talk about sheer panic!!! I would have benn devastated as , I'm sure, You were..glad everybody is OK
Anonymous said…
Becky's dog must be part Shitzu...She has that underbite...or was it just the picture...funny
Julie said…
That's the smile of a healthy, happy dog!
That last picture is cracking me up! She looks like she's seen the 'other side' and lived to tell about it!
KKJD1 said…
What a cute smile! Blessings,Karen
that is so awesome. oh how i know all about this bottled energy. whew!