The Arrival of Autumn

We have had such unseaonably warm temperatures during September and October. As a result, the trees have held onto their green for much longer this year. Just within the past two weeks, however, have we begun to see our forest's colorful Autumn transformation. Autumn's chill finally arrived this weekend after three days of rain. We received at least 3 inches...which was enough to refill our pond to full. Saturday morning we arose to showers but by mid-morning were treated to blue skies and chilly Autumn winds. Our horses never seem to mind the rain and eagerly head to the pastures no matter what the weather. I cannot say the same for our goats, however!


Later in the day I saw this little fellow on our screen. It is hard to believe that I have never seen another one of these in my 50 years. I have no idea what it is, but it looked rather pre-historic. He was about 1 1/2 inches long and was keenly aware of my presence. Everytime I got close to snap a picture, he warily took a step backwards.....

Comments