Off We Go!

This is it.


The day has come.
Our bags are packed...but then, you already know that, because they were packed weeks ago!


I know that this will be my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Africa, 
so I will make the most of every second.
I will try my best to capture every bit of it through the lens of my cameras.
I am packing each and every one of you, my friends and family,
into the pocket that lies closest to my heart and taking you with me.

The farm will be in good hands... and daily life will continue here as always.


I am guessing that internet will be sparse where we will be,
but if I happen to grab some web time, 
I will post a few pics on Instagram
@beehavenacres

It seems like so much of the farm activity of late has centered around ducks.
I suppose that is because they are so animated regardless of the weather.
And let's face it, there's only been one word to describe the weather...
rain.
Yesterday was ducky as well.
I got a text from a friend about another friend who had one lone duck on their property.
It had belonged to a flock that had been culled by winged predators.
One lonesome duck needed a home... and friends...
something that we could offer.
And so...


and....


and....


A happy ending, we hope!

It is my hope that you have a safe and happy September.
We'll be back October 1st with tales to tell.
Until we meet again...
Much love and hugs from the farm!
Bev and Hubbs and "friends".

Comments

daisy g said…
Blessings on your travels. We look forward to your safe return.
GeorgiaHoneyBee said…
Prayers for safe travel! Have the best adventure ever!!
Janet Hayden said…
Bon voyage!!!!! We look forward to seeing your glorious photos!
littlemancat said…
Echoing all these good wishes,dear travelers! And the Sammie video has moved me to tears. Such love.
Mary
jaz@octoberfarm said…
have the best time ever and stay safe.
Kathy said…
Prayers for a safe and awesome adventure! Looking forward to your return.
Lynne said…
ENJOY . . .
Looking forward to hearing/seeing all about it . . .
Safe travels . . .
Anonymous said…
have a great trip!!!
Unknown said…
Sammie knows your leaving, he looks so sad. Have a fun and safe trip.
Laura Sudderth said…
Many safe travels to you both. May you have beautiful and wonderful experiences on your adventure. I hope you get to see many animals while you are there. Say hello to the elephants!
This N That said…
Love the Sammy video...He is such a dear... I hope you have a wonderful time in a very safe trip. I can't tell you how envious I am. Make the most of every moment.... I'm sure you will! as for the ducks, it has been perfect weather for them.
diane in northern wis said…
God Bless You Bev and Hubs....thanks for taking us all along with you on your very exciting trip to Africa. May all go well and may you make many wonderful memories! Love to you guys!!!! Have a blast for all of us!
Jessica said…
Hoping your trip is AMAZING and more than you can dream of! Can't wait to hear your stories when you get back. Already following on IG if you get the chance to share there. (oldcrowhomestead)
sbrgirl said…
Enjoy your adventure! Safe travels!
Anonymous said…
Have a wonderful, safe adventure and
will be waiting for your return.
Phyllis
Agent X, not said…
Have a wonderful time, but know your daily musings will be missed while you are gone. Vaya con Dios......