Poolside

There's nothing better,
on a hot day,
than hanging out by the pool with a couple of girlfriends...
farm-style!


Yikes...
I've been pigged.



I love, love, love these two.
Pigs just might be my all time favorite farm animal.
It all started a very long time ago,
when I was just a young girl.


I fell in love with piglets...
and wanted nothing more than to have a pig.


If I could go back and tell my 10-year-old self that pigs were a part of my future...
I am sure I never would have believed it.


But here we are, 50 years later...
and I cannot imagine life without my two porcine girlfriends.


They are truly as smart as (if not smarter than) dogs...
and quite emotional.
They form strong attachments to each other and to their human friends.


No matter the day,
I can always count on these two being happy to see me.
😀

Comments

Colleen said…
💚💙💛
Louise Stopford said…
I just love those girls to - You're so lucky being 'pigged'. I would so much like to do that.
GeorgiaHoneyBee said…
We are always happy to "see" you too!
The only pig I've ever known is the pig from "Charlotte's Web."
Lynne said…
Awwww . . .
Loved the final stretch out in the pool . . bliss!
What are the little thing- a-ma-gigs on the under side, each side, of the piggies head?
This N That said…
Splish splash..It's always nice when someone or something is truly happy to see you...xxoo
Dee J. Hartman said…
Splish, Splash...Girl pigs taking a bath...Coolin' on a hot summer day...Bev sat in the shade, while her girl friend would wade, then drop in her pool she would lay . . . What summer fun, loved by everyone, I'd like to come visit someday!
diane in northern wis said…
Great blog....loved the video and I couldn't believe all the background noise...sounds like a one man band or something, I wondered if it could be fowl and yes, you then said it was the guineas! Thanks for sharing your wonderful farm and friends with us!