Harmony

Happy Friday all!
My, has this week flown by quickly.

After visiting Iceland where the sun never completely set,
it occurs to me that I just need more hours of daylight in each 24.
I could be so much more productive if that were the case.


Since I am back home in my peaceful little corner of our big world,
a thought keeps circling around my mind.
The news of the world has been tragic and unsettling of late.
Current news is something I usually steer clear of here on the blog...
I choose to offer positivity to the world.
Goodness knows, it's needed.


Don't worry, my head is not in the sand... 
I just would rather bring a smile to your face than not.


Now, back to that thought.
As you have seen, I am surrounded by all types of animals here on the farm...
some of whom would be natural enemies in the wild.


Here, however, where everyone feels safe and has their basic needs met...
there is no fear, there is no hatred.
There is peaceful cohabitation between beings that are so vastly different.


I dream of a world in which every person's basic needs are met.
A world in which people feel free to be themselves...
where differences are celebrated.
After all, we are more alike than we are different.
It's our uniqueness that makes us special.


I dream of a world in which evil is not an option...
in which good triumphs.
I dream of a world filled with people who's bodies and souls are well nourished...
a world in which food, and clean water and a comfortable home is enjoyed by all.


My animals have taught me this:
when basic needs are met and there is no fear...
then even enemies can live in harmony.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, all!
I dream of a world that needs no Memorial Days.

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
Very apt post today Bev. Your positivity is most welcome as this has been a terrible week for Manchester (where I live). I have always loved the way your animals get along with each other and the point you have made makes this all possible. I feel that humans could certainly learn a thing or do from our animals in this world. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks again for all your inspiration and positivity (it is very much appreciated).
jaz@octoberfarm said…
well said! you have the perfect place to escape from the news and envelope yourself in serenity. i only pay attention to the news enough to stay informed. beyond that, it's too stressful! unfortunately, my one beastie is more like trump than obama!
Beautifully said, Bev. I love this post. Occasionally I go off on a tangent on my blog, and while I think it's important to not sweep the bad stuff under the rug, that mindset gets exhausting. Blogs like yours where it is filled with only the good stuff.. are a much needed reprieve for many, including myself.

OH, for a world you describe. The thing is.. it IS possible. Take away greed and prejudice.. and it IS.. possible.

daisy g said…
Thank you for your thoughts on this. I couldn't agree more. Our son wishes for a world where money is not necessary. He says that if we didn't need money, there would be no wars, no hunger, no lack. I think he's spot on.
Keep inspiring us with posts of peace, love and harmony. The world needs it.
Colleen said…
Thanks for this post it is so spot on!! I only watch enough news to know what is going on on the world...BHA is my is my daily news and it gives me something positive to reflect on for the whole day. Thanks Bev 💜 xoxo 💜
Bee Haven Bev said…
I am not sure how I deserve such a group of lovely friends, but believe me, I am so very thankful for you all!! I only wish we were all closer and could have a big BHA party!!!
Deb said…
Wonderful post, Bev.
littlemancat said…
So well said. And true,
thank you.
Mary
molliemax said…
Well said! Love your positive attitude. It rubs off on all around you. Enjoy your weekend!
Laura Sudderth said…
Beautifully said. And hope you have a lovely weekend!
diane in northern wis said…
I agree with you Bev. I pray for those things as well.
A very Happy Memorial Day to you, your Hubbs, and every creature on your farm.
Lynne said…
Well said . . .
I agree . . .
Wonderful post . . .
I second your dream that the whole world should be one big Beehaven Acres!
Carine said…
I also agree: bu sowing peace, happiness and love you create a better world and dissolve some of its negativity. Thankyou for the little corner of paradise you created
Bill said…
This is beautiful. Thank your for sharing it.
Linda P. said…
Your post is most appreciated, and I agree with your thoughts. Louise Stopford, my heart goes out to you and your neighbors.
Julie Turcotte said…
Love this--thanks for sharing your farm!