A Letter From Camp

(Fat Camp, that is.)

"Dear Friends,
Please, oh, please send food.
We've been at this Fat Camp now for three weeks and we're not impressed.


Every morning we have the same low-cal breakfast.
(Hay that has been soaked overnight to remove the soluble carbohydrates.)


Then we head out for morning calisthenics.
And just to make sure that we don't grab any illegal snacks, we have to wear
this ridiculous headgear.

(This photo was taken weeks ago...while Daphne was still quite stout!)
Mid afternoon, we have a small snack.
It sure seems that our snack might be made of the same stuff 
of which our breakfast was made.


We do get a delicious treat of vitamins and minerals each day,
and we look forward to that.
It smells and tastes delicious... like dessert.
But we're pretty sure it's diet dessert, cause there's never enough of it to fill us up.


After snack time, we get lots of hugs and kisses, ear scratches, and tummy tickles....
which we really like.
But, if we were given a choice, we would rather have something more to eat.


Finally, before bedtime we get another big meal and more hugs and kisses.
It sure seems a lot like the same stuff we had for breakfast and snack, but
we don't care.
This meal is big like breakfast, but we have to eat it through a bag with little holes, 
so it takes us hours to finish.


By the time we finish eating, we're hungry again.


Please come and take us away from this awful fat camp...
we're pretty sure we're wasting away to nothing!

Love always, 
your friends, 
Daphne and Chloe."


All kidding aside, I do think that soaking the girls' hay and limiting their grazing with grazing muzzles is starting to make a difference.
I have noticed that their neck fat is slightly smaller.
Daphne will always have a round belly... her Mama had the same thing,
but her hips are much more visible now.
We are on the right track... a slow one at that...
but headed in the right direction.


Comments

daisy g said…
Oh, I feel your pain, girls. Soon you'll be calling them "The Svelte Sisters"!
Nothing worse than Fat Camp! Hang in there, girls!
The JR said…
Dear ladies, I cannot come rescue you because I might be inducted into the Fat Camp myself!


Hmmm.. I need to stay away from the Fat camp myself, so, I can't come rescue you. However, you are looking marvelous - mama's doing the right thing for sure.

This N That said…
Poor babies..I've never known dieting to be fun..".It's for your own good" they say..Cute post.
An American in Tokyo said…
Slowly but surely!
But you get lots of love in exchange for less food!

I made the mistake of doing some groundwork the other day in my horseback riding lesson, hoping I would get some fat camp exercise as well. Now my right knee is a little hurty! Oh well...