All We Need Is Love

Have you had a chance to look at the evening sky this winter?
Have you noticed how bright Venus is in the early evening hours?
It's bigger and brighter than I have ever noticed.


I think it's a sign.
I think Venus (the Goddess of Love) is telling us we need more love.
With the world's turmoil, I am inclined to agree!

And so... in order to spread a little love around
(and believe me we have plenty of it to spread)...
I am dedicating this post to my two special love muffins...
the porcine princesses!


When I was a little girl...
if anyone had asked me what animal I desired more than any...
I would have replied, "A pig!"


If only I had known in those days that someday my dream would actually come true...
I would have wished for nothing else in life and would just have been content in the knowledge
that piggie love would eventually be mine!

And the wonderful thing is...
I can share that piggie love with you!


So here you are....
a little look back at the lives of Ginger and MaryAnn...


It's hard to believe they were ever this small....
the size of a kitten when we brought them home.



Oh my, and then there was Tyler...also small!!


Our sweet Maddie (no longer with us) was the consummate babysitter.


Walking with a leash....with turkeys in tow.

My how they've changed over the years


My two favorite girls!!
Ginger and MaryAnn are 5 years old now....
middle-aged, like me!  (Haha!)


I wish each and every one of you could meet Ginger and MaryAnn...
they truly are a couple of love muffins!

Have a wonderful weekend.
We are supposed to have some warmer weather...
so I suspect we will be spending part of the weekend in the garden
getting ready for the garden make-over.

Comments

Louise Stopford said…
They are absolutely adorable girls. I would love to have pigs. If ever I get enough land I would have a pair of girls just like yours. Hoping for some nice weather here this weekend in UK - we have lots of garden jobs to be getting on with. Have a lovely weekend.
colleen said…
Time flys way too fast. What a fun post this was. Thanks for sharing.
The JR said…
I love all that porky sweetness! So cute.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope to get a lot of projects done.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i just love those two! they deserve all the ritz crackers in the world! have a good weekend....spring is happening!
This N That said…
Time flies for sure...Too bad we all (well, a lot of us) have to get bigger in time.. Enjoyed the walk down memory lane with Ginger and MaryAnn..That 5 years went very fast..Enjoy the weekend..Maybe I'll do a little out in the garden as well..
NanaDiana said…
Love Ginger and Mary Ann...makes me want to visit Gillian's Island again! xo Diana
FIVE YEARS!! It's been five years??.... sheesh.

They were so adorable as little sprites - such a good home they have with you.
I'm a sucker for a beautiful underbite like that.
Anonymous said…
Thank You for sharing these two beautiful girls. You made me smile, they make me smile.

Kaye
Park City, UT
Beverly,
What a great post. Yes, we need to spread love all around.
These two are just the sweetest, and how they have grown.
It is raining cat's and dog's here. Wishing you a beautiful weekend.
Tyler looks so tiny in that photo. What a sweetheart.
blessings,
Penny
Lynne said…
Lovin' your Loves!
An American in Tokyo said…
They are so cute!
I didn't know you took them on walks when they were little!
I guess they don't go for walks anymore since they have their own yard now?

How long do they live, by the way? 5 years old already!