Quiet Moments

What is a day, really....
but a collection of moments.


Sweet moments that are meant to be shared


and never squandered...


because sharing them only reminds you how sweet they are in the first place!


My new normal finds me with a little more free time on my hands.


And when I have nothing else demanding my attention,
I find that I am pulled to my friends.


It's a force as strong as gravity,


and it grounds me.


These sweet creatures that seem to enjoy my company...
for when I am near, they seek me out.
They linger a moment...


we touch...


we snuzzle...


I tell them my secrets.


I tell them how much I love them and how very special they are.



I think they know it!
(that they are loved and are special)

And for all that I give them,
they return the favor many-fold.

They have taught me to quiet my mind...
to sit without speaking, without thinking...
to just experience the moment with them...
and with you as well!

With all of the rainfall we've had this summer,
the gardens are doing quite well.


Minerva stands watch at her post by the rhubarb patch.


Yesterday's harvest was these purple, Italian-type beans.


They taste exactly like a green bean...
and in fact, lose their purple hue when cooked.
For the most part I stir-fry all of my veggies in just a little olive oil.
No water ever touches my veggies...so less nutrients are lost.




Comments

daisy g said…
Your garden looks marvelous! I'm growing similar beans. Magic how they change color! Enjoy all of your lovely friends.
This N That said…
We all need to be loved and made to feel special. I hope your animals know how lucky they are. It's nice that you have each other. Interesting beans. Have a great day.
Unknown said…
I just love this....peacefully sitting out with your babies! They are each so sweet and I would never have guessed that one could have this kind of relationship with animals other than cats and dogs. Sweet! It can teach us a lot about relationships with humans....just being (with them) can be a really good thing.
It's the little things after all......

Ellen in Oregon said…
Nothing sounds better than just hanging out with your animal friends doing a bit of day dreaming. I am amazed at how fast Hope & Faith are growing. The soft looking fur on their noses looks like velvet. The animals are experts when it comes to knowing how to let their mind be still & just live in the moment. Your gardens look so lush & colorful after all the rain you had. Out West it is 100 degrees today & after 2 weeks of temps in the high 90's, we really could use some of the rainfall you have been experiencing. Enjoy your quiet time - It rarely lasts for long.
Unknown said…
I don't know if there is anything cuter than your piggy friend and that snout!!!! The animals know. The love and care that you bestow upon them is food for the soul. Your farm is really amazing … there's no place like home!
Northern AB gal said…
You have such an idyllic place, not sure how you keep friends and relatives from camping out all summer long! If I lived close I would be volunteering to work just to enjoy the ambiance. Not sure how you get any work done with those lambs around. My goodness, they are CUTE!!!
Lynne said…
Love, beauty, fruits . . .
Gotta be a bunch of wonderful . . .
An American in Tokyo said…
Such peaceful looking faces! : )