Morning Rituals

My days are full of little moments...
things that bring a smile to my face...
things that I make a mental note to share with you.


It always amazes me how our animals are such creatures of habit.
Day after day, night after night...
the same behaviors are repeated.


As sure as the sun comes up each morning,
the guineas start their morning ritual at dawn.
Primping and preening, they gossip back and forth about the previous night.
And when all are ready, they fly down from the old pine tree by the barn
and begin their day.



Each and every day is the same...they land at the same spot and go running 
up past the garden...
up, up, up to the chicken coop where they grab a little breakfast "scratch"...
and then off to work hunting bugs.
They stay together all day as a flock...scurrying about the neighborhood,
until the sun starts to set and they all fly back up into the old pine tree once again.
And as sure as the sun comes up the next morning,
they begin the ritual again.


Later in the day, when I go down to the pond to feed the ducks...
this is what I encounter...


and every day it's the same!

I think there is comfort in the rhythm of life.
The repetitiveness never bores me.
Each day as the sun rises, I look forward to these little moments.
I'm glad you're here to share them with me!

Comments

daisy g said…
I'm the same way. I thrive on routine, never getting bored with the glory of what is in each moment. So glad you have time to savor it all! Enjoy!
Anonymous said…
After I read the morning headlines I head here so I can see a calm and happy life full of lovely animals and caring people. It sure helps put my day back into perspective! Thanks! TerriC
Lynne said…
Love seeing your routine, daily activity, all.
I look forward to your posts each day!
This N That said…
I'm with you and the guineas. I like it when my life is a ritual.When things crowd into that ritual I get frustrated. I like the common expected most of the time. I guess I have control over that.Beautiful sunrise. Have a happy day.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
what do the guineas do in the winter?
Bee Haven Bev said…
The guineas do the same in winter as in summer...although I think they rely a little more heavily on their food as provided by me rather than insects. They do try to avoid the snow. Often during harsh winter they bed down with the chickens.
Junebug said…
I'm so happy you take me along on the daily ritual. Love the two videos today, gave me a chuckle. Everyone needs a laugh or smile everyday! that sunrise - amazing!! Enjoy your day, Hugs!!
This N That said…
PS..Just had time to look at your videos...Lovely..Good job
Anonymous said…
I think I am a bit like the animals, finding comfort in my morning ritual of coffee before anything else : ). Patty/NS
deodar said…
I couldn't agree more. It's always nice to have a bit of a break but then it feels good to come home to the routine. When life gets crazy or worrisome that routine gives at least the illusion that you're in control!
An American in Tokyo said…
Wow, I've never seen guineas before and now to see them in a pine tree!! ha ha!!
(Am I the only one who thinks they look out of place?!)

Thank you for sharing your morning(s) with us! I enjoy your blog posts whenever I can! =)