Washed Clean

I am happy to say that we received a little rain.  Not nearly the amount that was predicted as the tail end of Beryl swept across our region, but, beggars cannot be choosy, right?  We did have impressive wind, however.  This seems to be a regular occurrence this summer.  The storms did bring relief from the oppressive heat of the earlier part of the week.  We awoke to a much different world yesterday morning.  Sunrise...

Thankfully, the storms blew our humidity away and yesterday remained cool.

After morning chores, and while awaiting the farrier, I picked a few flowers from the garden and made some bouquets for the house.


Green blossom bouquets are becoming my very favorite! 

 Especially when they contain just a tinge of dusty rose.  I've done a bit of research for next summer's flowers and have found quite a few species with green cultivars.  Summer isn't even over and already I am excited for next summer's gardens!

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves and let's just enjoy today's blossoms!!

The farrier came - as he does, every 8 weeks to trim all of the equine feet. 

 The donkeys have their hooves trimmed every other visit because they don't seem to grow as quickly as the horses do.  


Yesterday, it was donkey pedicure day.  True to form, Chloe put her foot down about that subject.  Really, she actually stomped her feet - if she had had arms, she would have crossed them defiantly and said "harrrumpf!".  Instead, she just chased Forrest around the dry lot every time I approached her with a halter.  Forrest, thinking that he was being helpful risked a good swift kick... actually several of them.  Luckily, he's faster than Chloe and always escaped her wrath.  (She knows better than to visit that wrath upon her Mama.... for me she just saves the defiance).   Luckily, I know the way to her heart. (Carrots!)  So after giving Daphne several very juicy carrot coins, Chloe could stand it no more and acquiesced.  Victory!  

The halter was donned and feet were trimmed without any issues.

Donkeys... they are strange and wonderful creatures!  Predictably unpredictable.

The dogs absolutely love the farrier visits and are so much help.

Apparently, hoof trimmings are the tastiest treats on the planet, and are tastiest the moment they drop, I'm told.

Although I have posted no photos, I have been doing a lot of knitting in my free time lately.  Here is what I finished yesterday.  It is in the process of being blocked.  I have a pillow form to place inside and then the bottom will need to be sewn together, making a 20" X 20" pillow.

I think color work is my favorite type of knitting.  I guess it's time to start another project!

Comments

Karla said…
Even when you're sitting, Bev, you're busy doing something! I love the knitted pillow cover, it's gorgeous! Truly, you are living life to its best!
This N That said…
Your flower arrangements are very pretty.
Always enjoy seeing the Farriers backside. Glad everybody was good for him. He certainly has a lot of helpers.

Love your pillows. Very pretty.
We didn’t get any rain. Haven’t had a drop this month. Getting serious!
Enjoy your weekend!
Karen said…
I so LOVE your posts! And your knitting - oh my:) I just looked up 'Renaissance Man': "a very clever man who is good at many different things" - well you two are Renaissance people! I always learn something new and SO enjoy you sharing your farm life with us. What a loving farm and life - enjoy your weekend!
Lorraine said…
My great grandson just graduated from high school. He said he doesn't want to go to college and would rather go to a trade school and become a farrier. I think it's a good idea. He's kind and gentle but alsdso 6'5 and has some heft to him. He loves working with his hands and the outdoors. Kind of runs in our family.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
GIRL...YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE US..GREAT PICS AND COMMENTARY...ALL S0 VERY INTERESTING..THANK YOU FOR THE TIME IT TAKES TO DO THIS AND WWISHING FOR BOTH OF YOU A GREAT WEEKEND...KEEP SMILING !!!!!!!