Purple!!

What a spring this has been!  With ample rain, and no late frost to stunt growth, all of the flora that surrounds us has become a jungle!  The rhododendrons are in full bloom, and beautiful.

I finished the face-lift on Maven Haven over this past weekend.  The inspiration for this re-do came from a sweet friend who forwarded this photo to me.  (Thanks Kendalle!)


Of all the color schemes that I had pondered, this one just felt right to me - it spoke to my heart!  And so, I  began the journey of transformation.  Although my humble shed is without all of those lovely gables, and turned porch posts, I still think it turned out wonderful.

Trim (metal bargeboard) was added, 

flowers planted,

 and painting completed.  

Here is her new look:


Jack built window boxes for her side windows. 


 

I cut out the rabbit pickets to decorated the window boxes


Beneath the arbor... containers of succulents.  Alongside of it are vines - hyacinth beans (purple) and yellow Mandevilla vines.  There are hanging planters of black-eyed Susan vines that will also help to cover the arbor as the summer progresses.


Giant allium blooming in her cottage garden.


I painted a few terracotta pots to match her and planted a geranium, and two dahlias in them.


Across the walkway, baptisia and peonies are blossoming.  Eventually these purple blossoms will be replaced with the bright red of bee balm.


She might need a little bit of shrubbery along her sides - but that will be another project for another time.  Perhaps I will simply harvest some ferns from our overpopulated woods and plant them along the sides.  There's nothing better than free plants!!

I hope you are enjoying a lovely Memorial Day.  Ours is supposed to be quite rainy... we'll see!

Comments

daisy g said…
Quite the metamorphosis! Love it!
I think it's wonderful that you chose colors you love and did it! Love the little touches you added! Is Maven Have supported by something off of the ground or is it on a cement slab or just the ground? Asking for future reference.
Did you redo the inside too or not a complete makeover?
Thanks for sharing. Such a sweet place of respite.
Dianne said…
She is gorgeous.
Sally said…
You did a wonderful job. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing.
Tracy’s. said…
That just made my morning. Well done my friend. Very inspiring. Thank you!
Tracy from MT
Anonymous said…
Awesome!!
Jody in GA said…
Gorgeous! She is wearing her new finery beautifully! Thanks for sharing!
Marcia LaRue said…
Your little Haven is looking a bit more Victorian now! I think you did a beautiful job on her!
This N That said…
I quite a transformation. She looks beautiful. interesting color choices. They work! Good job.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
GIRL...YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE US..WOW...TONS OF HARD WORK WENT INTO THAT HUGH PROJECT...AWESOME...HAAVE A SUPER FINE MEMORIAL DAY...I LIKE MILLIONS OTHERS SERVED IN THE MILITARY AND AM SURE PROUD TO HAVE BEEN AN ARMY SOLDIER...I HAVE SLOWED DOWN AND I HAVE SLOWED DOWN A BIT...THAT WAS MANY MOONS AGO NOW..AT 81 I HAVE SLOWED DOWN A BIT....HAE SUPER FINE DAY...GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!! KEEP SMILING !!!!
Lynne said…
Oh my Beverly!
What a treat!
Excellent Perfect Warm . . .
I LOVE IT!
Karen said…
The first thing I think when I look at this is that this is a little cottage that holds magical powers! What a delight! Pure happiness!!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
she is wonderful!!! interesting because i have been planning something very similar for mine. i just don't know if i will get to it this year or not. mine is going to be so different from what i have now but i keep telling myself, it's just paint, i can always change it! gulp!
I love it....love the colors....all the new window boxes.....the color of the door against the purple. awesome. Glad you love it too! Wow.....your whole farm is brimming over with beautiful blossoms. What a treat for us to come here and visit you!
Leslye said…
I think she has turned out so awesome and also loved that little house that inspired you!!!!!!