Living The Slow Life

Life has been a little like this the past week or so... at least for me.

I have had to slow way down after over-doing it a little in the beginning.  This rib fracture (confirmed on x-ray) has made farm work a little difficult right now.  I am completely indebted to Jack for taking care of everything for me.

Getting outside in nature keeps me sane.  As you probably have guessed, slowing down is not my strongest suit.  I thrive on being busy around the farm.  

I am reading, crafting, cooking, puttering around in the greenhouse and garden, and visiting with the animals.  

Chores and woods walks are on hold for the time being.

So, I am occupying myself with little "extra" tasks and spending some time enjoying the coziness of home.

I painted a few signs to use as garden markers.  

They're nothing too fancy... painted on scrap wood - just a little decorative way for me mark what is where! 


Spending time in the garden soothes my soul.  

I have so much anticipation for the gardening season ahead!

  I sit on the edge of each garden box and lift tiny weeds out of the soil.  It's never too early to try to stay ahead of the weeds!


It's nice to have Moll cat join me once again when I am out there.  She is my #1 garden helper!  Luckily, the cooler temperatures discourage me from spending too much time in the garden.


All of the seedings in the greenhouse are growing by leaps and bounds.


And yes, you were right!  The emerald green bottle that Jack found in the woods, earlier this week, is a Sunsweet Prune Juice bottle - a "family size, refrigerator bottle" according to the label that I found online.


Comments

daisy g said…
I do not do well sitting around either, but it sounds like you have found a new balance, at least for the time being. Enjoy your stay-cation! Soon enough your days will be overflowing! Blessings…
Marcia LaRue said…
I can empathize with your rib situation! On the 18th, I had a trip-and-fall and thought I had a broken rib, but was able to deduce that I was just badly bruised! Bruises take as long to fully heal as do breaks!
My bruises are clearing up but my left side is still tender! I still cannot lie on the bed, so the recliner is my comfort zone! ES Tylenol is my pill of choice!
I imagine Jack is letting you know if you are doing too much! Healing is a slow process!
I found that green bottle that says water down the side interesting as I also saw two on Facebook marketplace for sale right after you posted the picture of yours. Maybe they are worth something who knows. I love the bright green of it.
I'm guessing you just needed to slow down a bit maybe. Glad you are taking the time to heal! We are having a rainy spring at the present time.
This N That said…
It's not a good time of year to have to take it easy and slow down but one has to do what's necessary..... Time heals all wounds and sometimes it takes too much time. Hang in there! I love your signs.....xxoo
THE BEARDED ONE said…
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY SORRY THAT YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A TOUGHT TIME...I AM A MOVER AND A SHAKER MYSELF AND IT SURE IS NOT FUN WHEN YOU ARE PUT ON SOFT DUTY...THAT IS MY PRESENT CONDITION RIGHT NOW..I CANNOT WALK FAST...BEND OVER TO WORK.. AND MANY OTHER THINGS BECAUSE I ALMOST TOTALLY LOSE MY BREATH...IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE AN INVALID..MY HEART IS NOT RIGHT AND ALL THE MEDS I HAVE BEEN PUT ON ARE NOT HELPING...I FEEL USELESS..BUT STILL TRYING TO DO ALL I CAN EVEN THOUGH I PAY FOR IT LATER...MY SWEET ANGELIC WIFE TRIES TO DO THINGS I HAVE ALWAYS DONE...BUT SHE HAS A TERRIBLE BAD BACK AND JUST SIMPLY CAN NOT WORK LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS DONE..NOT CAN SHE WORK LIKE SHE USE TOO...SURE HOPE YOU HEAL FAST...KEEP AND TAKE A DAY AT A TIME.... SMILNG AND DO NOT GIVE UP !!!!!
Well, you are still getting some things done, and you are resting your ribs. Hopefully it won't take too awfully long to get back to your regular routine. Until then, better keep taking it easy and letting your body do its mending. Fun to see things taking shape in the greenhouse!