If At First...

If at first you don't succeed.... try, try, again!  You might remember the photo that I posted a few weeks ago of Forrest trying to mount one of the donkey girls.  If you didn't see that post, I will tell you... the donkey was tolerant as long as I was close by, but then after having enough, chased Forrest out of the dry lot.

As I was cleaning up manure this past weekend, he decided to give it another go.

His advance was quickly rebuffed.

"Out of here you filthy mongrel!" Daphne brayed as she chased him under the fence.

Yes, the world is a play toy for this youngster. 

Everything and everyone...

Water...

Leaves...

Mud, and puddles, and anything that can be dug into is fair game.  It's almost a blessing that he still likes to swim in this cold weather.  At least the pond gives him a much needed bath!

We had a very fun and a very busy few days entertaining this little one.

Easton came to stay for a few days of "special" time by himself.  He and "Muppy" (Hubbs' grandfather name) did some work in the wood shop - lots of opportunity for learning. 

 Finally, Hubbs has someone with whom he can play all of his favorite games!

We did nighttime safaris and rode through our woods in search of deer - we saw several.  This is always a highlight for the kids at this time of year when it's so easy to see through the trees without summer's underbrush.

On Sunday, his brother and sister joined us. 

 Sadly, we couldn't go out into the woods during the daytime because it is hunting season.  I would have loved to share this fairy house with them!

 We are in a stretch of very cold, clear weather.  It seems that winter may have arrived.

Comments

Fun times!
Looks like Faith has her winter coat on. Keeping toasty. I can't imagine swimming this time of year unless in a heated pool!
Not only winter may have arrived, it did! We had a snow storm last evening and during the night giving us about 4” of that Christmassy look 😀 It is beautiful but not fun to move or drive in….except for Forrest. Something tells me he may be experiencing his first snowfall very soon and I can’t wait to see his reaction. I loved the photo of the littles on the toadstool! Adorable. Deb
Marcia LaRue said…
Pete knows no stranger! I Love it!
What a treat for the kids to come to your place and spend quality time with their grandparents! And, hang out with all the animals,too!
Oh my ... Having the kids sitting on the 'shroom is just too cute!

This N That said…
Love the picture of Easton sitting on the fence..
I doubt that Forrest will give up trying to befriend the donkeys..I'm sure he can become a tad annoying..
Soon you'll have to make sure that Forrest doesn't fall thru the ice...I guess he could get himself out???
THE BEARDED ONE said…
LADY...YOU AND MR HUBBS ARE SURE SPECIAL PEOPLE...YOU GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE TO OTHERS...ESPECIALLY YOUR GRAND KIDS... THAT IS SO VERY AWESOME...WE HAVE DONE THE SAME BUT NEITHER OF US WAS RETIRED WHEN OUR GRAND KIDS CAME ALONG...BUT WE DID DO OUR BEST TO MAKE THEM ENJOY LIFE...I HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE THAT WE RAAISED ONE OF OUR GRAND SONS...HE IS NOW 32 AND IN SSPITE OF ASBERGER SYNDROME...HE IS EXCELLING IN EVERY REAM OF LIFE...THESE PICS AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS UPLIFTING !!!!!!! THANK YOU DEAR LADY !!! KEEP SMILING... WE ARRE IN THE LOW 30'S !!!!!!!!
Jeannie said…
Daphne is my new hero! I love the way she rebuffed Forrest's advances. My new puppy also makes brazen moves on animals that are twice his size and age. Perhaps my new admonishment to him will be, "Off, you filthy mongrel!" Thanks for the chuckle.