This and That

 Today... some photographs from around the farm from these spectacular, warmer, autumn days.

Peak color is over, with half of our foliage now lying on the ground.  Still, there is some beautiful color remaining...


and the last of the flowers...

We've already had one light and one hard frost, so it won't belong before all of the flowers are finished.  

This is pretty much all that remains from the glorious flowers that brightened our summer months.

Let's enjoy the last little bit of color while we can!


I was happily surprised to find a handful of red raspberries (a second fruiting for this year) in the garden - and they were delicious!


While I was out capturing color with my "good" camera (too large to carry with me on a daily basis), I also caught a few photos of some of the equines.


The donkeys are the most challenging to get a photo using my good camera.  They come running and are all over me as soon as I kneel down.

What a handsome tiny boy...


Red, our little, blue-eyed carrousel horse...


And yesterday I was reminded that I have not shown many photos of Chester...


or Annie.


Unlike Forrest, who is a camera hog, both of these two are very camera shy.  And Chester - if I kneel down to take his photo and he sees me, is in my face in two seconds giving me kisses!  I took the one above from a great distance so that I could actually capture his face.  Getting the photo of Annie was challenging... and this is about as good as it gets!  She won't look at the camera to save her soul.

I love taking my camera to the pond to get close-ups of the ducks.  We have at least 50 each morning that are there for breakfast.


And Forrest swims with them on a daily basis.


I've noticed a different duck this year... a very light colored duck of unknown breed.  I thought at first it was just a very light colored female mallard (and it might be) but this duck does not have the same markings as a female mallard.  It's a mystery!





Comments

Jody in GA said…
As usual, enjoyed this morning's post! The yellow tree was beautiful and always enjoy seeing photos of your furkids. Have a blessed weekend!
Good morning! Most of our color is gone so seeing the last of yours is heart lifting. Beautiful pictures of the ducks especially the unknown female. I am so excited for Monday and hearing about Forrest’s family reunion!! Hope your weekend is wonderful.
Tracy said…
Looks like you will have a beautiful weekend. The pumpkins are so different. Great picture of your unusual duck. I hope we find out which breed it is.
Your friend,
Tracy in MT
Lynne said…
Refreshing seeing your posts . . .
Bunches of love with all of your friends!
Anonymous said…
Hello from Saskatchewan Canada. I'm not sure if it is, but that duck looks like a Saxony I used to have. Always enjoy your posts. It brightens my morning as I'm going through a hard time right now.
Marcia LaRue said…
There is one of those October yellow-leafed trees that I see out my window every day! We have a lot of them in Colorado plus beautiful red ones!
All of the equines are getting so fluffy with their winter coats coming in!
We are looking at some snow 🌨️ coming in over the weekend! It has been so warm here, I doubt any of it will stick right away!!
Chester is looking great. Annie is looking prim, proper and quite regal!👑
THE BEARDED ONE said…
SOME VERY AMAZING AND HEARTFELT PHOTOS...I AM GONNA SEND THIS TO A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE TAHT JUST MIGHT KNOW WHAT KIND OF DUCH IT IS...HAVE A SUPER FINE WEEKEND AND LOOK FORWARD TO MONDAYS POST...I SURE DO LOVE YOUR POSTS...AWESOME...KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND !!!!!!!
This N That said…
Spectacular days indeed...Wish they would be around longer...
Our one frost was light...very.
Great pictures..Nice to use your big girl camera from time to time even though Iphone pictures are pretty darn good..
Nice to see Chester and Annie..
Nice that Forrest is entertaining this weekend...xxoo
Denny144 said…
I did a Google image search on the duck and got several hits on albino/leucistic mallard.