All In A Day

Yesterday was a super busy day.  

Our morning started out sunny - so we seized the opportunity to head off for a trip to the feed store.  Because our truck bed is open, we have to pick up feed when it isn't raining... which isn't that often these days.   Oh, how I love a ride through the countryside.  The fields are greening up so nicely now.

We stopped to say hello to some of the new neighbors.

Spring babies - always put joy in my heart and a smile on my face!

This is a common scene around this area!

After returning home from the feed store, I drove to town to have lunch with my oldest friends.  We've been friends since Jr. High.   We've shared much over the years... these two are very special to me.

As I arrived home and picked up the mail, I was thrilled to see that my flower seed order had arrived.

Needless to say, the remainder of the afternoon was spent getting 10 packs of seeds planted in the greenhouse.  Now, I have the thrill of watching them germinate and grow... followed by the joy of beautiful, fresh-cut flowers this summer.


Someone was a little nosey about what I was doing in the barn.  (The greenhouse is attached to the barn.)

Comments

Jody in Georgia said…
Spring has definitely sprung in Georgia. Our daytime temps are in the 70's and night time temps in the 50's. The spring floral display in my garden keeps popping up and as I breakfast in the sunroom surrounded on 3 sides and a glass roof, it starts my day off on a good note. Your blogs follow up with more "happy" for me.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i can't wait to hit the road again but the area i have gone to for all of these years is right where the train derailment was. we might never return to that place. so, this spring, we are on the road to find new spots! i have covid. totally vaccinated and we both got it when hubs went to a hockey game.
THE BEARDED ONE said…
WE HAD A GOOD DAY MONDAY AS DID YOU..WOW..IT WAS WARM AND I SERVICED THE 3 LAWN MOWERS...SHARPENED BLADES AND SINCE WE HAVE HAD ZERO SERVICE (DUE TO STORMS LAST FRIDAY NIGHT) I CAUGHT UP ON EMAILS...DELETED WELL OVER 600...MOST OF WHICH WAS TRYING TO SELL SOMETHING...I SURE ENJOYED YOUR POST. THEY ARE SO PERSONAL AND FRIENDLY...WE HAVE LOTS OF FLOWERS...THE BLUEBELLS I PLANTED MANY YEARS AGO AT THE SPRING AND CREEK AREA ARE BEGINNING TO SPREAD AND THEY SURE ARE BEAUTIFUL...LOTS OF FLOWERS ARE POPPING UP ALL OVER THE THE PROPERTY...MAKES ONE SMILE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE HAD JUST A BIT TO DO W/THEIR BEING THERE...THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR LET US SHARE YOUR LIFE..HAVE A SUPER FFINE DAY !!!!!!!
littlemancat said…
Love the cardinal against that blue,blue sky! I can almost hear his song.
All those babies! It is the best time of the year for me. The awakening time.
Mary
This N That said…
Wow...A busy day for sure..Old friends are the best friends..
You didn't waste any time getting those seeds in the dirt..no surprise there..You will have some pretty flowers to enjoy..glad that you had some help..
The sun is making an effort today..So far , so good..