Now That Thanksgiving is Over...

 And just like that... Thanksgiving has passed.  I've got to tell you - it is my favorite holiday.  

A day spent with family (4 generations) and friends that feel like family, without the pressure of consumerism attached to it, is the essence of "holiday" to me.  I love cooking for the people that I love!  


We ate and played, laughed and chatted - just generally enjoying each other's company... and to me, that's a perfect day!

We spent a quiet weekend on the farm... eating leftovers and enjoying our animal family.   I spent a little time watching my critters and caught a few photos that I wanted to share with you.

Pete... as he climbs the fence to talk to me... a daily occurrence..





He's quite adept at the balance beam.


It's from this vantage point that Pete surveys all of the happenings on the farm.


What's that you see, Pete?


He looks out in the pasture at these two, happily grazing.


Then, he finds a willing subject... cat scan time!


It amazed me that Chloe didn't mind having Pete on her back.


The two of them stood looking out into the pasture for several minutes.


I believe Chloe actually enjoyed his presence.

Daphne was perplexed.
"What's gotten into Chloe?" she asked, "we don't even like cats!"


Now that Thanksgiving is just a memory, it's time to decorate for Christmas! 
We got our tree on Saturday - a live tree, grown locally.
It's 12 feet tall and very thin and loaded with lights and white and silver ornaments, and snowflakes.   It might be my favorite tree ever!

 
I'll be finishing the decorating as the week progresses.
Today we are spending our day with Mackenzie and Easton, who are on Thanksgiving break from school.

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
that is one beautiful xmas tree!
colleen said…
I love your tree!! xoxo
This N That said…
Your tree is gorgeous! Great size! Have fun with the kiddos. Love
Marcia LaRue said…
I love that Pete cat!! He's a natural for rock climbing with the way he can scale that fence! LOL
Your tree is beautiful and I know the rest of your decorations will follow suit!
Yes ... onward to Christmas and then the New Year 2023!
Tracy said…
Lovely tree!!! So fun to see everything. Thankyou
Katmom said…
Everyone needs a good “cat scan” now and then ������
THE BEARDED ONE said…
YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE WITH YOUR PIC'S AND YOUR COMMENTS...AWESOME...LOV'EM SURE HAPPY THAT YOUR THANKSGIVING WAS SO GREAT...THE SERVING TABLE LOOKED DELICIOUS...I COULD ALMOST SMELL THE FOOD...THANK YOU SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH..KEEP SMILNG AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK !!!!!!!!
Such fun to come to your blog to see what's happening today! I love the pics of Pete on the donkey and the pic of Faith and the pig grazing together.....(not sure which pig that was!) They're almost the same size! Love your Christmas tree...looks so good in your house. And wow....what a table of delicious Thanksgiving Eats! Thanks Bev!