A Sleepy Day

The brightest past of yesterday was the brief sunrise that happened as we were taking the horses up to the pasture.  


If we had been five minutes later, we would have missed the sun altogether.

It briefly bid us "Good morning!" 

and then disappeared behind clouds for the rest of the day.


On days like this, everyone is a little sleepy.  There's not a whole lot of activity around the barn.

I thought you might get a kick out of seeing our hay barn.... and all of the kitty beds there.  Chubby Gus spends most of his day snoozing in the hayloft - after having come downstairs in the morning for breakfast.

I think we have enough cozy choices for these spoiled barn kitties - and there are a couple more downstairs in the main section of the barn.

Lately, Moll likes to sit on the heat mat on which our kale is growing in the greenhouse.  Maybe we should provide heating pads instead of heat lamps for the winter!


After a trip to the barn for breakfast, Bobby curled up on his bed in the garage for a snooze.


I stopped in the garden to pick saffron.  Many of the crocus have bloomed this past week.


Next to the crocus, I noticed this violet plant with its seed pod.


The seeds look like a bunch of grapes, but in actuality are the size of a pencil point.


The grey skies made it the perfect day for a sewing project.  One of the kids had sent me a photo of a bag similar to these, and suggested that maybe I could make one.  So, I gave it a try... twice.  The zipper on the front  (lined) leather flap opens as a pocket.  Drafting the pattern for this was a fun project.


Autumn in fairyland....

Comments

colleen said…
Spoiled and very content kitties. Wishing all kitties could be half as lucky.
You did an amazing job on the purses. xoxo
Marcia LaRue said…
Beautiful sunrises, pampered kitties, handcrafted purses ... and a cozy little gnome house in a fairy garden ... you have the best days and we are so grateful that you share them with us!!!
Beautiful sunrise! What a great and unique purse. Love the fairy garden. Do you leave them out all winter? I was wondering that about your gnome houses too.
Enjoy this beautiful day!
Wanda Devers said…
I love seeing you cats--so happy they have such wonderful care. None of my cats would ever sleep in cat beds! I sure do miss having cats--I would love to have some kittens but can't get my kid to promise to love & cherish them in case they outlive me.

Your purses are gorgeous!
THE BEARDED ONE said…
ANOTHER ENJOYABLE POST...THE SUNRISE WAS JUST AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL...YES...YOUR CATS ARE SURE PAMPERED...AS ARE THE REST OF YOUR ANIMALS...SUPER...THE LOVE SURE SHOWS THROUGH...YOU ARE SUCH A TALENTED LADY..THE PURSES ARE AWESOME..AND YOU DID IT FROM A PICTURE...HUBBS IS SURE ONE LUCKY DUDE TO HAVE FOUND YOU...KEEP SMILING AND HAVE A SUPER DAY !!!!!!!
This N That said…
On and off yesterday there was blue sky between the clouds but it was mostly a gray day..
If I was a cat in your barn I think I would prefer a heat lamp...It would keep my back warm..Hmmmm..So spoiled..
There is a clump of Crocus up the street..Does all Crocus produce Saffron??
Love the bags..They look great..Nice job!!
We had our third round of leaf pickup today..Probably three more to go!!So glad that I don't have to do it anymore..It was fun when I had the riding mower...
Hard to believe that October is almost over...
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i am so enjoying each and every day of fall this year! those barn kitties sure have a great life! those purses are to die for!
Oh how nice that your kitties have all those cozy choices to sleep on in the barn. I love those sunrise pics that you posted...such beautiful colors. So fun to see all the things you create.....you are so talented!