A Pond Mystery

Pond life is peaceful these days.  Only two ducks are calling this space "home" during the summertime... 

in stark contrast to the almost 50 wild ducks who populated this waterway last winter.  There are hidden residents here as well... several large fish, frogs, turtles, and snakes as well as transient raccoons, deer, and all sorts of small mammals who stop by for a drink (or to fish for a meal).

So much happens in this place when there are no humans around to witness it.  Game cameras give us some insight as to the daily happenings and are quite handy when a little detective work is needed....

Join us for a video, as we solve a pond mystery....

Yesterday's mail brought an item that I recently ordered.  Because farm work is done outside, and often in the bright sunshine, too much sun exposure can be an unwelcome side effect.  I typically wear a hat when I am out in the sun for prolonged periods of time.  Then, I came across this in one of my social media feeds, and thought it a wonderful idea to decrease sun exposure to my forearms....


I ordered a Sm/Med and it fits perfectly.  What a great idea!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am anxious to hear how the sleeves do my arms have had to much sun!!!
daisy g said…
What a stylish solution (The sleeves, not the critter)!
The JR said…
Is that a ground hog? if so, have you ever watch "Chunk The Ground hog" on youtube. The guy has a family living under his shed and he feeds them veggies.

Robin said…
Bev, I too bought these sleeves to protect my arms. They work perfectly and are very comfortable. Seems I am always brushing against something that my skin does not like.
Marcia LaRue said…
Groundhog ... woodchuck ... one and the same critter! Yup ... you should see if that woodchuck can chuck wood in order to earn its keep at the Pond! LOL It was a busy little guy running to and fro and had to laugh at Mrs. Duck giving it a good quacking to!!!
This N That said…
Classy sleeves..Fun!!
I have a groundhog/woodchuck that has seriously pruned my coneflowers..I thought they only ate wood??
Have a Happy Day..Hugs
THE BEARDED ONE said…
GROUNDHOGS AND WILL CLEAN UP ABOUT ANYTYPE OF FOOD AND SQUIRRELS WILL DDO THE SAME.....I SURE DO LOVE AN DENJOY THESE...THANK YOU MUCH !!!!!!!!


EDGAR C. BEARD
Love your fancy sleeves! We used to have woody (woodchuck) that came and drank water out of a dish I set in the backyard when the temps got really hot....year after year he came to that spot looking for the dish of water! Is the duck with the ball on the back of the head normal? I've never seen one like that before.
Lynne said…
Stylin’ and protected doing farm chores . . .
Looks like a good ‘dea to me!